The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 20, 2024, 08:16:57 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cracking a server without connecting  (Read 6803 times)
HJ®
« on: December 13, 2008, 11:11:28 PM »

Just to avoid any confusion (Alot of newbies tend to think direct connect = log made), I would like to see some changes to how you crack passwords.

Instead of connecting to a server and clicking 'Crack Admin' (Leave this option available, though), when you run your password break (Perhaps with a link that says crack), you can simply have a bar open up (A la Revelation Virus) where you punch in the IP and it starts the cracking process.

This would also allow for faster cracking, and you would be able to keep your bounce trail.

Anyone else agree?
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 07:40:12 AM »

Seconded.  I always hated trying to bounce a trail tracking somebody and I hit a server I'm not admin on, I have to lose my whole bounce trail in order to continue the track because I need to direct connect and crack admin.

Krieger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 08:13:17 AM »

I agree.

jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 11:19:12 AM »

Me 2!
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 05:37:07 PM »

fourthed.
Exousia
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 06:32:33 PM »

It would improve the PvP aspect, so yeah, I agree.
death 2 all

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 11:31:31 AM »

go 4 it

Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 06:50:56 PM »

Yeah!!!! But I never bounce anyway...

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Exousia
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 02:27:21 AM »

Gravediggers!  16
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 02:59:27 AM »

can we make the cracker like the ip scan - so we just type it in rather than connect and crack.
death 2 all

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 09:47:24 AM »

agreed

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 04:48:01 PM »

great idea

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 06:03:31 PM »

Just to avoid any confusion (Alot of newbies tend to think direct connect = log made), I would like to see some changes to how you crack passwords.

Instead of connecting to a server and clicking 'Crack Admin' (Leave this option available, though), when you run your password break (Perhaps with a link that says crack), you can simply have a bar open up (A la Revelation Virus) where you punch in the IP and it starts the cracking process.

This would also allow for faster cracking, and you would be able to keep your bounce trail.

Anyone else agree?

lol, I would love to not connect to someone in real life and just randomly crack their passwords withour ever connecting to them...... but than again, almost nothing in this game is like in real  life, if someone even pings me, it generates a log, but in this game, I can even connect to you and not make a log.

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 06:57:29 PM »

Anyone else agree?

That'd be very nice. I don't see why you have to connect to a server to start the crack, when you can disconnect while it still cracks (you should have to stay connected until it was complete for it to make sense in the way it is now)

Maybe a secondary crack software with a different name and more hardware useage? Or make it simply cost twice the AP (30AP per remote crack)
Or just add a [Remote] to the cracker options (Run, download, encrypt, hide, remote) or something?

I nearly suggested this in the past actually.
Yes i'm sort of necroposting, but it's useful. And i'd like to see some of these things.

norill

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 11:24:37 AM »

good idea. and also make it so changing gateways does not drop your bounce you could then crack on one gw and bounce on the other

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: