The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 03:39:02 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: We need you Emi..  (Read 27687 times)
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2009, 05:37:17 PM »

belive what you want to succubus it is not like it matter something and currently then i don't complain about Emi so would you shut up for a moment please? you have also complained about him. The only thing i complain about right now is in fact YOU.
Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2009, 07:10:59 PM »

I've had one complaint, and that was the first night that I played, because I couldn't find any missions to do. That was remedied later. I hadn't realized that someone just grabbed them all. Also, I've had no complaints about emi whatsoever.

Oh crappy crapperson, -ton, dot org.
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2009, 07:13:49 AM »

Also, I've had no complaints about emi whatsoever.
Thats obviously true as you protect that son of a pregnant dog. If you had known a little more before posting in these forums you should either shut up about it or agree with the rest of us who have played this game before you. Many of us long before you came.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
termul

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2009, 07:26:38 AM »

Are you kidding me Arthur ? Did you just call Emi a .....  4

Edit: not all veteran players agree on your points of view. Plz don't speak for 'the rest of us'
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 07:29:16 AM by termul » Logged
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2009, 07:55:11 AM »

I dont speak for all of you but many of you thinks Emi is too ignorant. Im sorry if you got offended.

Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2009, 10:26:31 AM »

Thats obviously true as you protect that son of a pregnant dog. If you had known a little more before posting in these forums you should either shut up about it or agree with the rest of us who have played this game before you. Many of us long before you came.

I've said it several times before, and I'll say it again: you do not know what siremi is or is not doing. You aren't sitting by his side. He does not have to log into the game or the forums to work on the game. Additionally, he's entitled to the time off that he took for the holidays. How many more times do you need to be told? If you're not happy, go make yourself happy. Nobody is making you stay.

I won't shut up or agree. I'm entitled to my opinion, so deal.

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2009, 10:56:26 AM »

But you never accept my version as a possible truth. You go on and says 'You cant know that' when everything points to that conclusion.
What you say is highly improbable.
What I want to say is that Emi have gone several weeks without answering questions in the FAQ or reading his own messages, he is hardly updating anymore, the updates he do come up with are generally crap except for the ideas he posts but never finish.
Lets take a look at this topic: http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=396.0
« Last Edit: 2008-09-20, 04:50:53 by siremi »
I took that topic because its old and long before you came. Learn from it. Admit that I could be right. Admit that everything points towards the conclusion Emi does ignore the community or is highly inactive.

Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2009, 11:09:51 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

Even if he is highly inactive and according to our experience we have had with him, I understand that he may seem inactive a lot.. That doesn't mean he doesn't care about this game anymore..

Perhaps his other two games have problems or he has problem with his wife / girlfriend / kids / parents / ... or.. or..

Get the idea? He isn't only Sir Emi but also a real person who has a family and a job and friends and..

There are so many things that could take away the time he used to spend on HP.. We just don't know..

Yes he doesn't always answer our messages and yes he doesn't answer all our posts and whatever facts you use, but that doesn't imply that is has a "cause-and-effect relationship" with his feelings towards this game.

It could very well be that you are 100% right. OK. But we just don't know for now.. So why the hell keep discussing this.. Just admit that you guys like to mess with Succubus and Succubus, just admit you like the attention..

And btw, Arthur.. Its not because someone says that you can't know that, that you don't believe it could be a possible truth..

I always say that we can't know whats really happening when the big politicians gather around the table and decide what our lives will look like.. But I have my theories and I do listen to other people..

We just interpret the words differently.. I get that just now.. No point in trying to convince you then..  13 Do you get it?

Oh right.. "Ignoring" Another thing that could be interpreted wrong depending on what your feelings are towards the other person..

If my friend is busy and he isn't listening very well too me, is that because he's ignoring me or because he's just busy?
If my girlfriend is shy and she doesn't talk to my friends because she doesn't want to make a bad impression, is she ignoring them too then?
If a developer isn't saying anything to his community because he knows he's making some mistakes and he decides to just put his words into deeds instead of making priority lists, is that ignoring?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 11:15:07 AM by Donn » Logged
Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2009, 11:20:15 AM »

But you never accept my version as a possible truth. You go on and says 'You cant know that' when everything points to that conclusion.

I'm not ruling out the possibility. Perhaps you've missed where I've said that making these assumptions, and acting hateful based on those assumptions will not get what you want. If you guys could just chill out, maybe he'd be more responsive to your posts. As you may have noticed, he responded to my Dear HP God thread, which wasn't even intended for him. He may have bothered to read and respond to that in particular because it was light-hearted.

I just don't agree. Did you see the post where I pointed out how much work is required to run a game like this, let alone three? I asked if y'all had been admins or moderators of games. It's actually a lot to maintain, let alone continue development, and he has THREE games. Additionally, he's entitled to time off. I wish you guys would cut him some slack, or make a good consumer choice and spend your time or money on something more satisfying to you, rather than drag down the forums.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 11:26:58 AM by Succubus » Logged

Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2009, 11:28:16 AM »

Well actually according to Marketing studies it should be different and d**n IT I WANT ENGLISH TO BE MY MOTHERLANGUAGE FOR JUST 5 MINS NOW AAAAAHHH.. Sorry.. Frustrations..

Ah.. English texts about marketing found..  laugh

"The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well that the product or service fits him and sells itself. Ideally, marketing should result in a customer who is ready to buy."

Its not that Emi should focus on marketing also lol.. But you get my point a bit? In order to attract more players, he should "modify the product to satisfy changes in player needs". That is ofcourse if he wants to attract more players..

He could also be thinking differently: "Developing a product/service that meets the consumer need better than any competing products/services" but our needs are different right so perhaps he wants to "influence our wants by designing particular features".

And again the conclusion is: we don't have a clue what he is thinking..

EDIT: Woohoo we don't have a clue!  5
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2009, 11:34:28 AM »

I also have a life. Any time I have to become more inactive then usually I tell people about it.
And about ignoring Im talking about doing updates the community reacts towards with the scream NO and several good reasons not to do that update.

And yes, I like these forumsgames with Succ but only because she came in and talked about things with roots in the past. She cant really know about how it was back then so she shouldnt really keep on arguing.
Lets say I enter a new community, I say something which the 2 top posters and other people strongly disgrees with then I would maybe not believe them but I would not have kept on arguing. You can easily get hated by doing such a thing.

Oh, Suckabuss replied before me.

I'm not ruling out the possibility. Perhaps you've missed where I've said that making these assumptions, and acting hateful based on those assumptions will not get what you want. It will lead to emi ignoring you more. If you guys could just chill out, maybe he'd be more responsive to your posts. As you may have noticed, he responded to my Dear HP God thread, which wasn't even intended for him. He may have bothered to read and respond to that in particular because it was light-hearted.
Emi ignoring me more then this is impossible. He doesnt even read my posts anymore. That Dear HP God thread was just you licking his ass.

I just don't agree. Did you see the post where I pointed out how much work is required to run a game like this, let alone three? I asked if y'all had been admins or moderators of games. It's actually a lot to maintain, let alone continue development, and he has THREE games. Additionally, he's entitled to time off. I wish you guys would cut him some slack, or make a good consumer choice and spend your time or money on something more satisfying to you, rather than drag down the forums.
The work required is not more then the work I do; school, active at 5 different communities with games (SI not included), learning programming on my free time and spend time with my family.
And the admin at DemonWar have another browsergame and a cardgame (similar to Magic the Gathering, I think) along with his RL job. He is able to do updates every second day and reply to ALL threads in ALL matters even if its off-topic.

And why would people leave? Its still a good game and Im only here for the entertaining arguments. I do, however, only use facts and personal experience in my arguing.

Oh, Donn also posted while I was writing. Ill take that tomorrow if I can remember.

Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2009, 11:35:51 AM »

You're so right, Donn. That's why people should leave if they're unhappy. That's the way to motivate him, since this is a business, not a hobby.

Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2009, 11:55:58 AM »

I also have a life. Any time I have to become more inactive then usually I tell people about it.

That's you. I wouldn't, and I'm sure that I'm not alone on this.

And yes, I like these forumsgames with Succ but only because she came in and talked about things with roots in the past. She cant really know about how it was back then so she shouldnt really keep on arguing.

I'm not arguing facts. I'm arguing that you don't know everything.

Lets say I enter a new community, I say something which the 2 top posters and other people strongly disgrees with then I would maybe not believe them but I would not have kept on arguing. You can easily get hated by doing such a thing.

I'm not going to hop on a bandwagon. I will form my own opinion based on my experience or concrete facts. I don't care if I'm hated by this e-community. I didn't sign up for a popularity contest.

The work required is not more then the work I do; school, active at 5 different communities with games (SI not included), learning programming on my free time and spend time with my family.
And the admin at DemonWar have another browsergame and a cardgame (similar to Magic the Gathering, I think) along with his RL job. He is able to do updates every second day and reply to ALL threads in ALL matters even if its off-topic.

Do you have a wife? Do you have kids? Do you have a job? Do you moderate or administer games?

Sounds like the admin at DemonWar is spending his time at his RL job working on the game. Perhaps emi has a better moral code, and isn't willing to risk losing the day job.

You can't deny the possibility that siremi could be any or all of the following: spending time with RL friends, sleeping, traveling, taking a day off, taking care of three games on his own, has a day job, has a wife, has 10 children, has ailing/handicapped family that he's caring for, is handicapped himself, his computer broke, his internet access is cut off, he's in the hospital from a terrible accident, he's dying of a horrific disease, being held at gunpoint by robbers at this moment, etc. Some of these are extreme, but surely you get the point.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 12:05:28 PM by Succubus » Logged

Exousia
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2009, 04:23:54 PM »

As has been stated before, this game is far from done and he's got two other games to administer as well. With a hostile community to answer to here, one can't blame him for just working away without sending us a memo for every line of code changed and not concerning himself with every thread we create out here in order to "get his attention."

Personally, I think Succubus may be the kick in the pants this community needs. She definitely brings some fresh blood and ideas to the table and is certainly not afraid to go toe to toe with the biggest and loudest of us. Agree with her or don't, but do not condemn her for speaking her mind and attempting to revitalize our community. It shows an active interest in the game into which we have poured time and energy and the community which we built.

It may be a whole year before this game is close to being "finished" but it probably will not resemble what we've been playing since June, or whenever we started (late August for me). Yes, change is scary and it forces us to find new ways of tackling old problems, but a dynamic game and a dynamic community is much more fun than an entrenched group of reactionary veterans spending their time bashing the newbies and grunting about what's wrong with the way the game is being changed and how no one listens to them.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2009, 05:00:19 PM »

As has been stated before, this game is far from done and he's got two other games to administer as well. With a hostile community to answer to here, one can't blame him for just working away without sending us a memo for every line of code changed and not concerning himself with every thread we create out here in order to "get his attention."

Personally, I think Succubus may be the kick in the pants this community needs. She definitely brings some fresh blood and ideas to the table and is certainly not afraid to go toe to toe with the biggest and loudest of us. Agree with her or don't, but do not condemn her for speaking her mind and attempting to revitalize our community. It shows an active interest in the game into which we have poured time and energy and the community which we built.

It may be a whole year before this game is close to being "finished" but it probably will not resemble what we've been playing since June, or whenever we started (late August for me). Yes, change is scary and it forces us to find new ways of tackling old problems, but a dynamic game and a dynamic community is much more fun than an entrenched group of reactionary veterans spending their time bashing the newbies and grunting about what's wrong with the way the game is being changed and how no one listens to them.

Very nice post Exousia.. Glad you joined us in this discussion..  1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to: