The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 25, 2024, 09:12:19 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Secret server IP Change & other updates  (Read 15335 times)
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 10:54:03 AM »

Ginjitsu.. I dont know everyone's farm but you do have a farm bigger than most (if not almost all) people out there so..

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 02:27:51 AM »

I think the updates to secret servers are going to make the game really crappy for new player.

Horray! You get ONE secret server.  After a little while when all the other servers are upgraded, a new player comes in.  Their choices for making money at the start: deletes on public servers, deletes on the ONE secret server.  Awesome, funnel all the new players into that constrained competition area.  I don't know about others, but I really never did deletes on public servers since there was too much competition for them.  Trying to nab them off secret servers that I could crack into was a better bet (at least in round one before all this BS)

Now, though, they will have to sit on their hands forever and hope that they get a little trickle of money from public server delete missions to eventually get better breakers to break the... what... v3 or whatever protects that may be on most secret servers by that time?

Krieger

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 07:48:24 AM »

Nice update 1 Thanks SirEmi.

Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 12:45:06 PM »

Do you realize that some delete missions take even longer then 15 days? Deleting a 6.3 file share antivirus perhaps?

I will come up with something to solve that problem.

This secret server IP Change is something like a Full Diagnostics of the server by the mega-corps. Full Diagnostics scheduled when the IP Change is completed, and the diagnostics includes removing all foreign virii, files, etc. It's like a hdd format and new installation of the OS.

Well as a reminder Emi, secret servers are starting to pop...and as of yet I don't know anything you have done in regards to the missions started WAY before you instituted this update that are soon to go bye bye. I would like to think that after waiting over 650 hrs for a mission to complete that it's not just gonna disappear and oh well mr/mrs player better luck next time or have you come up with a way to speed these older missions up so they complete prior to the IP change popping??
termul

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 02:41:15 PM »

Why should he do something about that ?
I've also found myself forced to cancel a few delete missions which had been running for over 400 hours ... so what ? IMO that's part of adapting to the new (improved) gameplay.
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 03:42:04 PM »

improved?  21
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 12:21:00 PM »

I have a question, Sir Emi -> what is going to happen with missions when IP changes? I started a mission few minutes ago and it says about 130 hours to complete. There is already a IP change process on that server stating 60 hours till end.

I don't think it was explained what is going to happen with missions ...

Thank you for answering,
lpJ.
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 12:23:16 AM »

I think it was talked about that he might have it resume when you refind the server. But in the update it says ALL files are purged then new mission files spawn.

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 06:09:07 AM »

89 servers gone, 111 to go..

Pfff..
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 06:32:40 AM »

What I find interesting is that some servers first get their protection upgraded and few hours later they have their IP changed.
I was tracking some servers that i lost admin access. I had them on my "to-do" list to crack them (and I checked them for protection version, so I know they were alive) and few hours later the connection could no longer be established ...

So it looks like this upgrade has two stages:
a) protection gets upgraded
b) IP gets changed

At least that's how you can find those servers in you IP database - they are listed as uncracked 1

lpJ.
HJ®
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 03:18:32 PM »

So I'm starting to think the problem does not lie within a bad community.

The problem lies in a crappy developer. He'll tell you one thing, and do another. He'll listen to your suggestions, and sure, he might try and implement them, but it seems to me like he doesn't know how. If you can't even do something simple like making 2 processes happen at the exact same time, you're not doing what you should be. It's a joke.

This game has become a joke, just like the other games Emi makes. He just doesn't know what he's doing. That's the best explanation I can come up with for the DOZENS of horrible updates and general ignorance. He's just some guy sitting in his basement and he doesn't have a f**king clue.

Good job Emi, that was the last straw, numbnuts. I'll never pay for or play another one of your games again. I have seen what you are capable of, and while it may be enough work, when all of the work is less than mediocre, you don't get anywhere.

I would suggest a myriad of things you could do to change that fact. For example, don't run SpaceO or SeaO, both of those games are terrible, but either way, we all know you won't listen because you're an ignorant prick.

I'll be quitting. and no I won't be returning. Bye now.
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2009, 08:28:36 AM »

Bye HJ. Live long and prosper.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2009, 02:23:56 AM »

I think the updates to secret servers are going to make the game really crappy for new player.

Horray! You get ONE secret server.  After a little while when all the other servers are upgraded, a new player comes in.  Their choices for making money at the start: deletes on public servers, deletes on the ONE secret server.  Awesome, funnel all the new players into that constrained competition area.  I don't know about others, but I really never did deletes on public servers since there was too much competition for them.  Trying to nab them off secret servers that I could crack into was a better bet (at least in round one before all this BS)

Now, though, they will have to sit on their hands forever and hope that they get a little trickle of money from public server delete missions to eventually get better breakers to break the... what... v3 or whatever protects that may be on most secret servers by that time?

i know this thread is starting to get cobwebs but.....

as a new player i would like to comment on this post

i was stuck at 0.5 level software when i found the v2.0 secret server ---

i am now actively hunting all the secret servers

so far i have 149 servers up and running and the lowest is 5.8 and yes thats one huge jump from v2.0

the next few are

38.XXX.XXX.XXX   5.8
57.XXX.XXX.XXX   8.3
141.XXX.XXX.XXX   8.85
55.XXX.XXX.XXX   9.1
86.XXX.XXX.XXX   10.35
80.XXX.XXX.XXX   10.55
220.XXX.XXX.XXX   10.75
83.XXX.XXX.XXX   10.95

so unless i get really lucky and the 5.8 is full of juicy software i'll be stuck researching again for some time

so from the new players point of view this server jumping idea is harsh now but will be really harsh in a few months when the 5.8 goes above 10.0

would it be possible to maybe create a few new servers at around 2.0 every week or so to help us newbs out ????

Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2009, 01:23:49 PM »

Acctually, Emi wants to keep the number of secret servers down to 200 so there won't be any creating of more, but maybe a few will be foreced to stay low and be like stepping stones. Where some will stop at 2.0 then some at 3.0 then 4.0 then 5.0 and so on.

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2009, 04:47:16 PM »

what i actually meant is say a server thats at about v22 when it reset rather than going to 24 or whatever it goes back to 2 and starts again, keeping the total servers at 200 but not all over 5.8 and increasing.

i'm not actually sure i like the static server idea as it just gets clogged with junk like the public servers. if anything move the public servers further apart rather than all 40 at 0.1 move them about a bit
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: