The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 25, 2024, 06:36:30 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Kill virii activation on remote host / best software prices  (Read 13135 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 15, 2009, 04:55:54 PM »

- the virii activation that is not finished and taking up bandwidth can now be killed by an attacker via remote access.
- if the vir is Revelation, the above will not work, Rev activation can only be killed by the gateway that started the process.

- Best software prices now also take into account file size in price. Price is increased by 1000 HPD / Gb.

Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 05:10:00 PM »

- the virii activation that is not finished and taking up bandwidth can now be killed by an attacker via remote access.
- if the vir is Revelation, the above will not work, Rev activation can only be killed by the gateway that started the process.

- Best software prices now also take into account file size in price. Price is increased by 1000 HPD / Gb.

Thanks a lot Emi!
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 10:19:16 PM »

Good job, thats all the problems people were complaining about! (Well, ingame problems. 19)

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Krieger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 05:46:28 PM »

Wow, nice update, SirEmi 1

Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 02:39:42 AM »

I just assume faith havent been modified. And I would also like to bring up that Ebolla calculated rev to be unstoppable at .8

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 05:25:33 AM »

Warning to anyone who gets Rev that far: Get ready to be pwned. Seriously.

Wanna start Rev? OK go ahead. But keep it fair OK? Don't abuse the flaws, not these kind of flaws in the game.

And thanks Ebolla for figuring that out! Good to see you're still with us in these dark times  7
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 06:49:48 AM »

It was when Ebolla (and HJ?) researched the super rev he came up with those numbers. Im sorry to let your hope down but I havent seen him active in a long time.

Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 10:34:02 AM »

If memory server me correctly at the end of Round 1 Emi said he was going to adjusting Install/Disinfect times in regards to Rev and Faith.....I don't know if he did anything with that but he stated he would but there would be only one way to find out.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 10:59:28 AM »

If memory server me correctly at the end of Round 1 Emi said he was going to adjusting Install/Disinfect times in regards to Rev and Faith.....I don't know if he did anything with that but he stated he would but there would be only one way to find out.

If this is directed to me and if I understand you right and you're saying that it should be tested, then I'll answer you:

Test all you want, but don't target anyone with that Rev  7

The only thing I'd like this round is a fair war between the Faith people and the Rev people. Perhaps we all will become Rev / Faith people and there will be no war. Fine. Perhaps just 3 guys killing eachother's server with that Rev. Fine.

But lets not make the same mistakes and research Rev too far.

I hereby swear that I will never research Rev!  bodyguard
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 02:03:30 PM »

It was when Ebolla (and HJ?) researched the super rev he came up with those numbers. Im sorry to let your hope down but I havent seen him active in a long time.

What are you talking about? I see him on all the time, like right now hes on.... confused2

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 02:58:50 PM »

I mean in the community. Im not playing so there is no possibility I could have seen him.

Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 03:35:04 PM »

If this is directed to me and if I understand you right and you're saying that it should be tested, then I'll answer you:

Test all you want, but don't target anyone with that Rev  7

The only thing I'd like this round is a fair war between the Faith people and the Rev people. Perhaps we all will become Rev / Faith people and there will be no war. Fine. Perhaps just 3 guys killing eachother's server with that Rev. Fine.

But lets not make the same mistakes and research Rev too far.

I hereby swear that I will never research Rev!  bodyguard

Not directed at you in any way...just stating fact that if Emi changed the specific's of Faith/Rev we won't know til it's tested. I have no intention of doing anything with Rev at this time...but it does add a nice boost to power ranking!! 1
daryy

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 09:38:32 PM »

good idea!

Edited by Donn. Reason: Advertisements.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 10:50:42 AM by Donn » Logged

Get genuine OEM mitsubishi parts at discoun
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 08:36:18 PM »

Well, I just researched Rev for two reasons:

a) gives nice points
b) I've proven that Rev can still be bought via Software dealer. It just took over .5 version to see it. Now anybody can have it for a small price ... and I saw somewhere that would not be possible anymore?

From this point until further notice (let's say until someone else research it higher) I will not research it anymore nor will I install it. From now on I only work on perfecting that Faith AV that I have 1
Satisfied, everybody?

lpJ.
HJ®
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 08:58:42 PM »

I thought we were told that you would not be able to purchase Revelations, either. Wrong. We must've all just THOUGHT Emi posted that, because any posting (That I can find) has been removed  12

And this update does absolutely NOTHING for Revelations. Anyone with just a few days worth (Less with hard work) of work can start a Revelation activation.

And yet people wonder why the game is dying.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: