The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 02:52:29 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Newbie Mission Tutorial  (Read 23546 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 24, 2008, 11:41:49 AM »

Here is the fastest way to complete the "Delete File" mission:

- Access the target, start the delete file process.
- Hack something else while the process is running
- Monitor your gateway delete process and when completed
- connect to the target IP in green in the process
- Access Running Software on the target
- Look for the file # corresponding to your gateway IP (there may be more hackers with task complete on the same file, ignore that and click complete on your task)
- Pay attention if it says it deleted the file, or better yet check the remote logs. It may say the file is not there, if that is the case then you were too late, someone else got it first.
- File deleted, access "Mission data". Search for file # you just deleted, you can use the browser search function
- Note the mission details, it should say in red: "File Deleted"
- Complete the mission and get the reward

Other tips:
Try to get a mission with a low reward at first, e.g. delete a Log Deleter for example, it may be better in learning how to complete the higher reward ones because it takes only a couple of minutes to delete a lower size file as opposed to a big file that could take hours.

The time may seem like a lot to wait in the beginning but once you upgrade your CPU and you make like 10-15 missions at a time, you'll find yourself completing jobs faster then you can start them.

What you need to do is check the Bulletin boards on those public servers, and only take the 5 - 15 HPD missions, 5 at a time in the beginning. Don't worry about being traced in the beginning, they can't really damage you because if they do you can format and get all the basic software back.

So once you got a few hundred HPD, just invest those in CPU until you get like 1500 CPU and do lots of missions like that. When you have enough HPD invest in some viruses and other cool stuff and you should be fine 1

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 03:16:03 PM by siremi » Logged

Aussie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 08:43:14 PM »

eh, I'm slightly confused. I've done a few missions (1 at a time) but I'm confused as to how doing multiple missions works. The thing that is really confusing me is this:

How exactly can you do two missions at once? My limited understanding is that you can only connect to one remote host, so doesn't that mean if you do another mission you have to disable your connection with your current mission (on a seperate server) which makes you lose your current mission, in order to join another server to do the mission on that server? Sorry I'm really confused :(
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 08:49:53 PM »

eh, I'm slightly confused. I've done a few missions (1 at a time) but I'm confused as to how doing multiple missions works. The thing that is really confusing me is this:

How exactly can you do two missions at once? My limited understanding is that you can only connect to one remote host, so doesn't that mean if you do another mission you have to disable your connection with your current mission (on a seperate server) which makes you lose your current mission, in order to join another server to do the mission on that server? Sorry I'm really confused :(
no no you can run as many missions as you want as there are no penalties for not completing them.

To do multiple missions you have to connect to a mission and do the objective, for example you have two delete missions. Go to one of them start the deletion, click disconnect and connect to the nxt one and start the deletion.When the first one finishes disconnect and reconnect to the right host. Press complete then your done! then just go to the next one and do the same.

Remember you are competeing against other players. Meaning we all share the same missions so it's first one who finishes get's the reward :]

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Aussie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 09:08:59 PM »

AH I see, so then... is there any way to icnrease the speed of completing missions? I heard about researching... but I dunno... sorry still confused.

Like what I mean is - for deleteing something.. is there a way to speed up the process?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 09:11:12 PM by Aussie » Logged
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 09:16:42 PM »

AH I see, so then... is there any way to icnrease the speed of completing missions? I heard about researching... but I dunno... sorry still confused.

Like what I mean is - for deleteing something.. is there a way to speed up the process?
There isn't any. They say it's a great equalizer, I kind of agree since everyone has the same amount of chance to complete it when it takes the same amount of time. But sometimes i just wish it goes faster!

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Aussie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 09:33:01 PM »

Eh, then I'm even more confused. Then what's the point of researching software?
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »

Eh, then I'm even more confused. Then what's the point of researching software?
Higher attack software means you can break into servers with higher protection, for hpd making viruses the higher they are the more money they generate. For defense the higher they are the harder it is to hack you.

H4T0R

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 02:30:41 PM »

Nice tutorial, when i started on this game i was like Oh My God what's this, but now i understand it  laugh

Greetzz
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 02:36:51 PM »

been there done that man........... i think all of us start off that way

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aztec

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 12:04:54 PM »

Hi all.

I'm new here and I'm a little bit confused about this tutorial.
I have try a few time to make mission delete file. I take small mission like 4 at 5 rewards. but each time I receive this message.

Trying to delete file...
 Not enough CPU on gateway! Need 100 CPU!

I want buy a better CPU but how can I make money to buy a better CPU. If I'm not able to make this simple mission with my starting Hardware.

A little help to understand here will be greatly appreciate.
Thanks
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 12:17:15 PM »

Hi all.

I'm new here and I'm a little bit confused about this tutorial.
I have try a few time to make mission delete file. I take small mission like 4 at 5 rewards. but each time I receive this message.

Trying to delete file...
 Not enough CPU on gateway! Need 100 CPU!

I want buy a better CPU but how can I make money to buy a better CPU. If I'm not able to make this simple mission with my starting Hardware.

A little help to understand here will be greatly appreciate.
Thanks

Ok, you may have other processes blocking the CPU.

Go to your gateway "Running Software" and stop all processes, including the password protect and firewall protect.

Then go to a public server, take 5 missions and run 5 mission at a time until you get enough HPD to upgrade the CPU.

You need not worry about others at this time.

Aztec

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 12:23:31 PM »

Thanks alot siremi

I will going try that

Thanks I appreciate.

All work great now.
exact my problem was load average CPU. too much program running at same time for my small CPU. lol

Thanks  19
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 12:44:21 PM by Aztec » Logged
Nelander

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 12:55:12 PM »

just make sure to take relative small payout missions, if you try to take that nice 400 its likely another player will hack you and kill your process, also get in the habit of bouncing.

good luck
Aztec

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 03:40:03 PM »

Ok thanks
I will keep it in mind about bounce.

I have found how I can bounce my connection but I have don't find How to bounce and crack admin login with all my bounces. For crack admin login I need to be connected directly with my localhost IP? is it normal? 21

I suppose to Crack admin login I need to be connected directly from my localhost to crack the target!  12

Thanks
termul

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 03:52:30 PM »

You cannot bounce to a server where you don't have admin access.

So you might as well connect to that server directly and crack it (as long as you don't have it cracked your ip will not show in the servers logfiles).
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: