The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 04:36:25 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Newbie Mission Tutorial  (Read 23547 times)
Aztec

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 07:33:54 AM »

Just to know...

If I'm connect to the target for crack admin login and crack it with success. I will be logged in the logs target? or just if I'm connect on logs target I will be logged in.

thanks

termul

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 08:59:20 AM »

Your IP will not be logged when you connect to a server. Also your IP will not be logged if you crack the server and then disconnect.

Your IP will show up in the log once you bounce through the server (a line sayin 'proxy connection established from ip xxx to ip yyy').
When you start an admin task on the server (e.g. view logs, files, processes) then an extra line will be added to the logs says 'admin logged in from ip xxx'.
Aztec

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 09:12:28 AM »

Ok I see 

Thanks for the help  12
I appreciate
Matt Farrell

Command center? It's a basement!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 10:07:13 AM »

Helpful tutorial. Thanks for all the info, everyone. I was a little confused at first, afraid to try multiple missions at once, but now I know how to do it.  13

F4RR3LL
rat

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 06:34:38 PM »

Hello out there

I have one question: the virtual guide told me I have to delete 5 files < 15 reward points
after I did that, what comes next?

Where do I find a summary where the steps I have to fullfill are written down in correct order?  21
I mean like - after deleting 5 files, what comes next, not like "go there and klick this and then ..."
Sorry my mother tongue is not english (german), so if my english is not perfect, you know why  19

This makes it also sometimes very difficult to understand the virtual guide, because it's all explained in english ...
but I'll manage to get along with this I suppose 1

greetz
rat
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 06:39:01 PM by rat » Logged
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 09:07:52 PM »

You'll have to continue upgrading, doing missions, and researching (virus planting can also work >>)
until you've got enough for the second phase of the game. (file shares, second servers, etc.  16)
marb36

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 11:34:31 AM »

i found a mission <15 reward points, but it said i can't crack the admin. where can i download higher password break software?
Krieger

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 12:49:29 PM »

i found a mission <15 reward points, but it said i can't crack the admin. where can i download higher password break software?
You can find software in the servers (public, secret and private). The best software spawn in Secret servers.

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 12:53:01 PM »

Or, if you have the resources, you can try to overload your cracking software, but this is less resource effective.

Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2008, 06:06:44 PM »

wow, uber necromancy.
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2008, 06:26:12 PM »

wow, uber necromancy.

Stop whining; if he'd created a new topic about it you would've jumped on him for not using the search function to find an appropriate topic to post this in.

Marb, you did fine.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2008, 06:54:14 PM »

I wouldn't have, I forgot this topic existed!
anyways, it's really hard to get softs right now, mission runners seem to like the idea of making sure no one advances...  4
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: