The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 01:15:52 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Ability points and faction standing  (Read 25216 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 25, 2009, 03:50:30 PM »

Works like this:

Go to "Your ability", look for Standing: xxx Next Rank: xxx

When you get the new faction rank, you get X ability points, depending on the difference between previous rank and current rank.

So if you are 0 standing, and get a new rank at 1000 standing, you will receive 1 ability points.
On next rank, you will need 3000 standing, so you will get (3000 - 1000)/1000 = 2 ability points, to a total of 3 ability points so far.

As you progress in rank, it gets tougher to achieve the next rank, and if you change faction before achievement of next rank you will reset the current faction standing, but won't lose the ability points and skills you already have, but may lose some progress to next rank.

When you change faction, the skill % you learned from that faction stays with you and is active, but you won't be able to increase the skill until you rejoin that faction.

For example, if you have 2000 / 3000 standing, and change faction, you will lose that standing and have to start from newbie rank again when you come back. But, you won't lose the 1 ability point you got at 1000 standing.

If you have negative standing to a faction and wish to join them, you will have to work your standing up until it's positive. You won't gain ranks and abilities until you work your standing to a positive level. Think of it as community work 1

Also, for skills, the more you increase a skill, the more ability points it will require. Skills have importance levels, and some may be harder to increase then others. There is also a max % you can have, usually 50% for "General" skills and 75% for "Faction" skills.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 02:20:45 PM by siremi » Logged

gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 04:41:42 PM »

so if I get to the first rank (1000 standing) and than leave, I come back later and have 0 standing, but still have the one ability point. and when I get to the first rank again, do I get a new ability point, or do I just keep the one I already have from it?

Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 06:13:59 PM »

I think you get another one.

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 07:02:43 PM »

Question.....When you use your AP and increase a skill....does it take affect immediately on any current processes running or only on new processes??
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 07:24:31 PM »

Question.....When you use your AP and increase a skill....does it take affect immediately on any current processes running or only on new processes??

and I am asuming ap = ability point not action point this time right?

Sin15698

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 08:30:48 PM »

and I am asuming ap = ability point not action point this time right?
Yes
I would think it would only affect new processes.

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 09:29:59 PM »

Confirmed that a timers currently running are not affected by any changes#

any FP's spent will only affect process started AFTER the change.
Cookie_II

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 12:07:23 PM »

The one good thing about this post is that I was thinking of changing fractions at some point to earn different abilities. I thought that you would keep whatever you earned from any other fraction. What I did not know was that I will not be able to increase that ability when I change fractions. Thanks Emi
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 04:20:10 PM »

When you change faction, the skill % you learned from that faction stays with you and is active, but you won't be able to increase the skill until you rejoin that faction.

For example, if you have 2000 / 3000 standing, and change faction, you will lose that standing and have to start from newbie rank again when you come back. But, you won't lose the 1 ability point you got at 1000 standing.

Question.  If I switch from Icarus, resetting my standing to 0, and came back, would I get an ability point at 1000 faction again?

Sin15698

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 10:38:26 PM »

It was brought to my attention that when you change factions your standing is "reset" but what if your standing was negetive when you switched? Would it go back to 0?

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 04:44:21 AM »

If you have negative standing to a faction and wish to join them, you will have to work your standing up until it's positive. You won't gain ranks and abilities until you work your standing to a positive level. Think of it as community work 1

Sin15698

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 03:21:40 PM »

Yes, I know that, but if you join a faction you have negative standing in then leave it, would the negative rep be reset just as the positive would of?

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 03:29:58 PM »

Yes, I know that, but if you join a faction you have negative standing in then leave it, would the negative rep be reset just as the positive would of?

i decided to test this

i was icarus - quite high cant remem how high

i joined true light icarus went to 0 true light stayed at -28604

i left TL and rejoined icarus - icarus stayed at 0 and true light stayed at -28604

Sin15698

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 03:32:14 PM »

Okay, thats good then.  16

Josh

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 02:56:01 PM »

I have had 0% on all abilities since abilities have been implemented.  This means -5 and -10 on the general abilities, and -1 and -3 on the faction abilities.  Is this normal?  Before the last Revelation day, I lost the ability to collect from my spam viruses.  Is my situation a bug or feature?
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: