The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 06:46:54 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Ability points and faction standing  (Read 25227 times)
Exousia
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 07:23:03 PM »

I grew up on hex, octal, and binary. That's what I get for being raised by feral engineers.
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 08:04:59 PM »

LOL... When I was in computer class our teacher had a binary clock.  He made us learn it.

I got so good at it that I could read it better and ended up liking it better than a regular clock.

BB Grim

Grim is as Grim does.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2013, 11:32:44 AM »

Can Abilities be reset, ie..the list of Abilities you chose be changed with the points put in different slots?
Can you only upgrade Abilities are specialties specific to your faction? It doesn't look that way at first glance.

BB Grim

Because the World is a Grim Place
asdfth12

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2013, 12:50:19 PM »

You can reset a ability to recover 50% of the points used.

Abilities are divided into two groups - All factions, and faction based. The ones that are all faction abilities can be upgraded no matter what faction your currently apart of. The ones that are faction based you have to be in that faction in order to upgrade them.
BB Grim

Grim is as Grim does.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2013, 04:00:38 PM »

Is it a good idea to spend those points early on, or save them a while? Also, is it advisable to spend PvP Points on Ability Points? What about action points, and when I see Cost AP to modify a log entry, is that Action Points or Ability Points. I assume it is Action Points, as that would be horrifically expensive if it was the Ability Points. Where can I find out how many Action Points I have?

BB Grim

Because the World is a Grim Place
asdfth12

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2013, 07:19:32 PM »

Is it a good idea to spend those points early on, or save them a while? Also, is it advisable to spend PvP Points on Ability Points? What about action points, and when I see Cost AP to modify a log entry, is that Action Points or Ability Points. I assume it is Action Points, as that would be horrifically expensive if it was the Ability Points. Where can I find out how many Action Points I have?

AP = Action Points.

I don;t think ability points has a abbreviation in game, but it would be AbP if it did.

PVP points aren't directly traded for Abiity points though - You trade the pvp points for faction standing. 1k standing gets you 1 bility point when you level up.

Action points are shown on the top left of the page - Just under the HP logo. It says Time: ???? AP. The ???? are your action points. They regen @1 a minute, with a max regen of 3k. This is only how many you will regenerate though - Your total points can be much higher then that, your just not going to regenerate them once you have more then 3k stored.

Your current number of ability points is shown under your ability.
Master Shake

Icarus Code Grinder

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2013, 03:45:54 PM »

I really hate to necro something, but I figured this would be the place for my question.

For the Icarus faction (and possibly others, I haven't looked), there are several ability upgrade options that make no sense-

Log UnDeleter runtime
The software will run faster for you

How does an Undeleter work faster? It's one click- it either works or it doesn't. No timer involved, so it cannot run faster.

Firewall Protect runtime
The software will run faster for you

Same as above. It's either running or it's not. No timer.

Am I missing something, or are these just pointless sinks to take up space and make the factions look equal in power?

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
MasterKay

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2013, 05:20:12 PM »

All software specialization abilities decrease research time.  For those, that is ALL it does.

Maybe it's just me. I could be ignorant.

"The software will run faster for you"
Log Deleter runtime
Firewall Bypass runtime
Log UnDeleter runtime
Unhide Files runtime

How exactly do these run faster? Or am I correct in thinking it's a waste of points?

Sorry it took four years for you to get your answer. >.<
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:39:45 AM by MasterKay » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to: