The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 04:39:11 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Groups Project update  (Read 21189 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 16, 2009, 09:26:42 PM »

HP will be updated with the Groups Project.

Please check the following list for info on this big and great update:

- Groups
   -> create new group: 2500 HPD
   -> ingame board, with announcements, discussion for group members
   -> group website link
   -> group description, announcements
   -> ticker group name to be added whenever the player name is used, it will appear as: [GRP] Player
   -> Leader kicks, manages group server, group finances
   -> leader can be changed from leader options. Only the leader can assign a new leader.

- Group members area
   -> default group size is 6 members. For each additional member, group HPD fund is used to increase group size.
   -> 200k, 400k, 800k, etc.
   -> increase max members limit does not expire with new rounds
   -> member activity tracker in members area, show last active time of the member. Good for keeping tabs on who is active.
        -> you can see players requesting to join and leader can accept / decline them

- Group Finances   
   -> group HPD fund, all group members can transfer to HPD fund
   -> group HPD fund finance log, see who transferred how much
   -> leader can use HPD fund only for group actions (can not extract from group fund)
   -> all group members can transfer to the group fund, but funds can only be used for group purpose
   -> finance logs, showing how the funds are used
   -> a money virii installed on a GS will leak HPD from group fund

- Group Servers
   -> has to be purchased by group leader from group HPD fund
   -> cost is 2 mil, 4 mil, 8 mil etc
   -> group server can be upgraded by leader, shows in hardware upgrade
   -> description can be edited if leader is Gold, from Gold options
   -> leader with Gold can upload files from Group server to Secure FTP
   -> leader with Gold can download files from Secure FTP to Group server
   -> Change IP costs 25k HPD, instant change
   -> Change Pass costs 2500 HPD, instant change

« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 09:29:56 PM by siremi » Logged

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 09:38:50 PM »

Looks good.  Only question I have is group faction affiliation.  I hope that there is but I understand that abilities etc could be a problem.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 09:42:05 PM »

Looks good.  Only question I have is group faction affiliation.  I hope that there is but I understand that abilities etc could be a problem.

Maybe later. We just wanted to implement basic group functionality for now.

It does look awesome though  1

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 09:55:14 PM »

what happens if the leader goes AFK for a while - can the members gain control of the group after X days AWOL ?
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 10:09:21 PM »

what happens if the leader goes AFK for a while - can the members gain control of the group after X days AWOL ?

Not at this time, and there are assets involved, group servers, group fund etc.

I'm hoping to put in group ranks until then, so they can assign members that have the same power as the leader. This means while they have the same power they can't kick each other out, since they have the same rights.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 10:10:52 PM by siremi » Logged

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 10:30:14 PM »

Wow those prices are a little steep, 200k just to add 1 extra member?

Couple of questions:
1. What effect does it have on your power when you transfer HPD to the group fund?
2. Does software/funds etc on the group server/in the group fund contribute to power?
3. Can I join the admin group? laugh(joke)

Looking good from what i've seen, you've done a good job there titam 1
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 10:41:43 PM by DamascuS » Logged

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 10:47:40 PM »

It doubles for each new extra member above 6, but remember that it does not reset with new rounds, so you can use income from previous rounds to increase your member capacity.

The effect of transferring HPD into the group fund is that you no longer hold that HPD. The result is a decrease of your power, a trade off for helping the group. The group assets, servers, group fund, etc. do not affect the members power in any way, but the total power of the group will be composed of the group assets and member power.

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 10:58:19 PM »

It doubles for each new extra member above 6, but remember that it does not reset with new rounds, so you can use income from previous rounds to increase your member capacity.

The effect of transferring HPD into the group fund is that you no longer hold that HPD. The result is a decrease of your power, a trade off for helping the group. The group assets, servers, group fund, etc. do not affect the members power in any way, but the total power of the group will be composed of the group assets and member power.

Ah thanks titam.

One more: Im assuming the leader can disband/destroy a group after creating it, right?

Edit: Answered my own question, when the last member leaves, the group is disbanded laugh

Just had a look round (cost me 2.5k 2) and ive gotta say...well done sir emi!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 11:03:22 PM by DamascuS » Logged

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 12:28:37 PM »

Titam,
   Will you be implementing a group tax feature?   To tax Missions and Virii income so members will automatically generate income for the group?

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 01:05:09 PM »

also, there is a problem with total power....

Six Guns Productions    4   6   528,336
[SGP] DamascuS   1   ONLINE   739.971

if you have 4 people in your group and one of them has over 700k power, than your group should also have more than 700... not less...

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 01:29:15 PM »

also, there is a problem with total power....

Six Guns Productions    4   6   528,336
[SGP] DamascuS   1   ONLINE   739.971

if you have 4 people in your group and one of them has over 700k power, than your group should also have more than 700... not less...

Updates every hour or so.

I don't know about the tax yet, but group members can deposit amounts in the group fund. The group finance log will show the user who deposited and how much. I guess you could put your members to deposit a fixed amount / day.

As of now, it's left to the group leader to talk the members into depositing for the group HPD fund 1

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 02:30:21 PM »

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but in the top-groups section of the goup page, the table width goes way over the page size, and i have to scroll right to see the rest.

Maybe consider using percentages (%) for the column widths instead? I would include a screenshot but there would be too much editing to do, and ive got too much stuff running on here as it is (firefox isn't exactly picky when it comes to system resources) /lol

While im here i have a suggestion to add to the group update, not a big one, you can depost funds into the group fund, but how about being able to transfer an amount of your HPD to another member of the same group, that would greatly help groups when there are new members joining who have not been playing as long, and its would also be nice to help fellow group members out. Could be added to the finance section of the group page, with a selection box of the members etc, easy. 19
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:37:47 PM by DamascuS » Logged

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 02:39:29 PM »

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but in the top-groups section of the goup page, the table width goes way over the page size, and i have to scroll right to see the rest.

Maybe consider using percentages (%) for the column widths instead? I would include a screenshot but there would be too much editing to do, and ive got too much stuff running on here as it is (firefox isn't exactly picky when it comes to system resources) /lol

While im here i have a suggestion to add to the group update, not a big one, you can depost funds into the group fund, but how about being able to transfer an amount of your HPD to another member of the same group, that would greatly help groups when there are new members joining who have not been playing as long, and its would also be nice to help fellow group members out. Could be added to the finance section of the group page, with a selection box of the members etc, easy. 19

You can do that already via Virii.  Let them install virii on your system and when they have gotten the amount agreed upon disinfect it.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Krieger

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 03:00:02 PM »

Nice update.

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 03:03:59 PM »

You can do that already via Virii.  Let them install virii on your system and when they have gotten the amount agreed upon disinfect it.

True, but its a lot of hassle, especially with larger virii, i would like a more up-front and direct way of just giving someone some HPD.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to: