The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 11:29:47 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Decrypt missions and ability points/factions  (Read 20009 times)
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2009, 12:33:46 PM »

So i've noticed a good few large players have sleeperd decrypt missions over and over to get ability points to put into decrypt software to do more of those missions faster than everyone else.

As i tried to introduce a new player he has found it impossible to do any search and destroy missions whatsoever because all the higher players have been switching between faction, doing decrypt missions for each of them to sleeper points
What we're getting is people whoring ability points, switching to icarus and spending them on decryptor, then switching back or to another faction... i cant help but think doesnt this sort of defeat the point?
If people are in a faction surely the point is they stay in that faction and work towards those softwares, not to rampantly switch around to undercut anyone else who's trying to do those missions, its completely unfair to the players who haven't been doing millions and millions of search and destroys...

Add more varied faction missions, give newer palyers a chance and another thing..
Why is it you can overload ability points? X_x surely it makes it more pointless to buy a gold account when you can do a bunch of faction missions to get as much AP as you could ever want?
I've seen someones AP at 25000 before which is just outrageous, especially when the decrypt missions to make that kind of AP is being sleeperd by the same player... which leads to one almight monopolized player who has all the power over faction missions, the biggest barons, the most income and therefore the best software (the guy i was talking about made 1mil a day off barons easy)

So this is a balancing issue really

Sorry if this is written confusingly, struggling to put it into words properly...

Edit:
lmao where it says 'sleeperd' it originally said wh0r3d, maybe i should have said horde =/

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 01:11:53 PM »

you will find that those people who sleeper faction missions dont do it everyday - you will also notice they do it in batches - thus if the first decrypt takes them 15 mins then that mission will respawn on a faction server. by the time the sleeperr goes back to collect that mission again you could of done 3 maybe 4 missions in that time.

there is also the recover missions that spawn approx 100 every hour - giving the lowbies a chance to get faction points that way to improve their skills.

there is no physical way a decrypt sleeper can get all the recover missions and do them within an hour - you also have to take into account there is more than 1 decrypt sleeper - so if using your logic how did the second decrypt sleeper become a sleeper ? if the first decrypt sleeper took all the decrypts ?

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 07:30:02 AM »

I see what you're saying, all i know is every time I try to do search and destroy, someone is already doing them, i've literally started a 100 and got maybe 2 or 3 out of it D:

And i dont like the way people jump around factions, i was actually surprised when i found out you could switch with nothing to lose. Have some dedication man!  13

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 07:48:11 AM »

I see what you're saying, all i know is every time I try to do search and destroy, someone is already doing them, i've literally started a 100 and got maybe 2 or 3 out of it D:

And i dont like the way people jump around factions, i was actually surprised when i found out you could switch with nothing to lose. Have some dedication man!  13

there is a lot to lose

you have to do shedloads of faction missions to claw back all the negative rep you have with them before they start giving you more points.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 08:43:14 AM »

Unless you've kept them sweet from the outset, i dont really know what affects reputation negatively
Other than my armada of barons 8D

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 11:58:51 AM »

When you do a mission that targets another faction that faction will then go negative to you for a percentage of the positive faction points you acquire doing the mission.

I've been negative 500k or so against a faction and have crawled myself back to the positive.  What it means to me is that I've done 500k worth of faction point missions that resulted in ZERO gain in ability.

What I really should do, is gain the ability points... switch... and then increase my stats then go back without worrying about trying to dig out of zero...  but I'm too stubborn and insist on clawing my way back out  laugh

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 02:50:09 PM »

Unless you've kept them sweet from the outset, i dont really know what affects reputation negatively
Other than my armada of barons 8D

i knew i was gonna jump from the beginning of R3 - i faction sleeperd at the beginning and doing my best to stay in #1 or #2, it worked wonderful - however keeping one of them sweet is impossible unless you have someone doing just their missions, i collaborated with 2 people during my stint and there were times i had no missions to do because i sleeperd while the others played. meaning that on my first sweep i got 75% of the mission second sweep that would drop to about 50% third 25% forth 10% etc. as i would lose 1 quarter of the server of the previous sweep to the faction i was keeping sweet. its do-able but requires teamwork.
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 04:39:08 PM »

Sad thing is, he would do missions so much faster than me.  I couldn't keep up just doing the one stupid faction...

pondmonkey

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 05:22:44 PM »

i never had a problem with doing decrypts, and and thay cant sweep that good, just take some more time finding secret server i found over 400 in the faction i was in and if theres 3 decrypts in each server thats about 1300 missions. also there are 4 factions so thats more then 6000 missions. so you cant realy say you cant find any.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 01:38:54 AM by Exousia » Logged
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 05:29:48 PM »

i never had a problem with doing decrypts, and and thay cant sweep that good, just take some more time finding secret server i found over 400 in the fraction i was in and if theres 3 decrypts in each server thats about 1300 missions. also there are 4 fractions so thats more then 6000 missions. so you cant realy say you cant find any.

i suggest you get your data fixed - there is only 200 servers spread out over all 4 factions on average its a 50/50/50/50 split thats 150 decrypt missions per hour - if you could decrypt them all within the hour.
pondmonkey

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 09:05:25 PM »

Data overrated its easier to take what you know and then multiply it by 97, divide it by 92 and add 300

How can there 200 servers that doesn’t make sense because there’s one trillion (1,000,000,000,000) ip combinations
Exousia
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 09:14:12 PM »

Data overrated its easier to take what you know and then multiply it by 97, divide it by 92 and add 300

How can there 200 servers that doesn’t make sense because there’s one trillion (1,000,000,000,000) ip combinations

Psssst.... This is a game. It has logical limitations.

There are exactly 200 total secret servers. There are exactly 50 secret servers per faction. Not every IP has a server attached to it. That is cold hard fact until Emi increases that limit. Your logic lacks any basis in reality.

So i've noticed a good few large players have sleeperd decrypt missions over and over to get ability points to put into decrypt software to do more of those missions faster than everyone else.

As i tried to introduce a new player he has found it impossible to do any search and destroy missions whatsoever because all the higher players have been switching between faction, doing decrypt missions for each of them to sleeper points
What we're getting is people whoring ability points, switching to icarus and spending them on decryptor, then switching back or to another faction... i cant help but think doesnt this sort of defeat the point?

[more words]

What players? Where? Who's doing decrypt missions? I have several Icarus mission decrypt targets (Unlisted Servers) infected with FileShare Virii and they have been generating income for over a week now. If people were doing this, they'd be gone a long time ago, wouldn't they?

I did this to see if anyone was doing decrypt missions since I noticed that pretty much the same missions remain available for quite some time and that most newbies lack the softs to complete either type due to the high protects and/or encryption levels on the targets.

As for the AP overloading, ... AP was added later, so this method is pretty much a compromise, I imagine, between the new system and the opposition. Personally, I find it too restraining, even with overloading.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 12:50:09 AM by Exousia » Logged
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 04:52:52 AM »

There are exactly 200 total secret servers. There are exactly 50 secret servers per faction. Not every IP has a server attached to it. That is cold hard fact until Emi increases that limit. Your logic lacks any basis in reality.

ex that statement isn't exactly true - the servers are created based on the faction usage at the start of the server creation - when the first  200 were created this round it was something like icky-57 Hak-50 omni-48 TL-45 although these aint exact numbers because my memory sucks.

i only have 196 servers at the moment - and my list stands at 57 48 46 45 - so it would seem once those server are created the faction sticks with them until the end of the round - emi really should make it so the usage factor stays all through the game.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 09:59:47 AM »

"i found over 400 in the faction i was in "

lol... There's 200 in total, just because theres trillions of IP combinations doesnt mean there's gonna be a secret server for every single one, i dont think the database could handle that  confused2 You are aware they aren't real servers on actual different internet protocols about the world, right?

I actually got a message from someone ingame asking me how to use this site to hack someones facebook, lol, it took quite alot of explaining to her that it's just a game  laugh

Sad thing is, he would do missions so much faster than me.  I couldn't keep up just doing the one stupid faction...
Exactly my point, its virtually impossible once they've spent a couple of points on decrypt ability...

Maybe i'm just not trying hard enough to get the missions, but once youve started hundred and only got 3 out of it, and wasted AP on IP changes and loads of cracks, it doesn't seem worth it, so i've been at a faction standing of 300k for months now...

Also hey pondmonkey did you enjoy losing that 600k the other day?  laugh

Exousia
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 03:20:50 PM »

ex that statement isn't exactly true - the servers are created based on the faction usage at the start of the server creation - when the first  200 were created this round it was something like icky-57 Hak-50 omni-48 TL-45 although these aint exact numbers because my memory sucks.

i only have 196 servers at the moment - and my list stands at 57 48 46 45 - so it would seem once those server are created the faction sticks with them until the end of the round - emi really should make it so the usage factor stays all through the game.

Well, there aren't one trillion of them, that's my point. It was an even split the last two rounds.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: