The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 08:50:50 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Decrypt missions and ability points/factions  (Read 20013 times)
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2009, 01:19:06 PM »

I hate the facts people use bots and stuff to gain advantages, not jsut in HP, all games

I work hard and put time in to trying to win, just for some f*g who downloaded some script off some site somewhere to cheat and beat me.

I dont care what it is, scripts, helpers, whatever you want to call it, it's immoral, unfair and wrong!

I'm not strictly against pirating games however, because if a game's singleplayer and far too expensive, i'll likely 'not buy' it. If i had a considerable amount of cash, i'd buy every game just for ease. But what winds me up is people cracking consoles and stuff to play online, with the players who actually bought all their games and consoles
I'ma ll for microsofts crack down on chipped consoles  7

Exousia
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2009, 03:33:16 PM »

There came a point with my old Commodore when the only way to obtain games was pirating because they weren't being published anymore. I will not use cheat codes or even game guides on anything, however, until I've beaten the game on my own first.

I think it diminishes the value of a game if you purchase it only to use a guide and/or cheat codes to get through it. However, it can be fun to run around in god mode afterward and exact revenge on a boss who gave you particular trouble while you were actually playing.  laugh

Anyway, we're getting off track.  shifty
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2009, 04:43:37 PM »

I feel the same way about games because if you beat it with cheats or guides its someone else's victory not yours your should look in every corner for that key every lv for that money and every door for the chest but once you beat it... Then you can go for the 107% using help
    but in a multi player game it is cheat plain and simple. i don't care how you rationalize it, free stuff, being #1(no offense cookie) ,it is wrong because you are cheating out other players

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2009, 10:32:52 PM »

There came a point with my old Commodore when the only way to obtain games was pirating because they weren't being published anymore. I will not use cheat codes or even game guides on anything, however, until I've beaten the game on my own first.

Not to mention back then it wasn't really considered too bad to be a game pirate.  I used to belong to the local Commodore user group.  We had something like 50 members.  Get this...  The president of our user group was a county Police Officer and we held the user group meetings in the basement of the local court house. 

The user group had a library where we all would bring in our games and programs for others to copy.  Back then copy protection was extreme.  Each month they would come out with a new way to protect games.  We had software that would attempt to disable the protection on copying.  If that didn't work I learned how to hex edit the files themselves to bypass security.  I actually got so good at cracking the protection that I started receiving calls from overseas on different methods.

My all time favorite protection used was, if I recall correctly, on Auto Duel.  Instead of a software approach they actually punched a dimple into the floppy disk.  When the drive head hit the dimple it would cause it to bounce.  This bounce would cause a disk error that the game could detect and then allowed it to proceed past the protection.  If that dimple was not there the code would tell the head to reseat itself back the beginning of the track.  Thus it sounded like the drive was going to break...  Probably was their intention.

I had learned that if I opened the drive bay latch (thus lifting the head) and then closed it quickly it would then do the same thing as the bounce did if I timed it correctly.  I could generally get it working in two-three tries. 

d**n....  That was almost 25 years ago...  I literally had something like 3,500 games.  Back then you could have asked me how to play any one of the games, how to load it, secret codes and I could have gone on for hours...  Now...  I can barely remember how to run a DOS command  2 Everything has become so automated.

My two Favorite games from the 64 era:
Project: Space Station

Neuromancer
   - Great game and excellent book.  You may have noticed the group named 'Chiba City Hacker Society'.  The book takes place in Chiba City. 

Exousia
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2009, 11:11:22 PM »

I've got Project: Space Station for IBM and C64. I had to hack and alter the C64 version because, if you notice, it draws planning funds every day, not just every day you're in the planning section, so you get bled to death no matter what you do.

I've heard of Neuromancer, but I have never played it.
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2009, 04:03:31 AM »

I'm not strictly against pirating games however, because if a game's singleplayer and far too expensive, i'll likely 'not buy' it. If i had a considerable amount of cash, i'd buy every game just for ease. But what winds me up is people cracking consoles and stuff to play online, with the players who actually bought all their games and consoles

i'll just chip in and say - most PC crackers these days still have morals and any downloaded games that require online play usally do not have that feature enabled.
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2009, 08:30:21 PM »

I've got Project: Space Station for IBM and C64. I had to hack and alter the C64 version because, if you notice, it draws planning funds every day, not just every day you're in the planning section, so you get bled to death no matter what you do.

I've heard of Neuromancer, but I have never played it.

I can't remember the exact steps right now.  But it was something like if you sold some modules in Project: Space Station and then bought them back it would result in the $$$ value being set to a negative number and then resetting to the maximum amount in the game.  From then on there was no worries about the $$$ and just have fun with your massive construction projects and research...

I used to create these massive stations that would wrap completely around the earth and generally fill it up from the top to bottom with just barely room for the EVM to fly around...

I would recommend giving Neuromancer a try...   I would love to see a game like that ported to the web and setup for multi-player.

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2009, 06:08:33 AM »

Who pushed my thread off a topic cliff?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 06:38:14 AM by DeltA-9.1 » Logged

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2009, 02:59:20 PM »

who knows but it happened a WHILE ago

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Exousia
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2009, 04:49:14 PM »

I'm pretty sure this was the impetus... so you have only yourself to blame.  laugh

But I helped, so I'll spit it if you want me to.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2009, 08:45:48 PM »

what was this about decrypting faction pnts?

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Exousia
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2009, 11:57:24 PM »

what was this about decrypting faction pnts?

I dunno. I'm still looking for people doing mass quantities of Icarus decrypts.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2009, 06:36:06 AM »

How much AP does a 0.1 baron cost?

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2009, 10:57:01 AM »

damascus worked out it would be 960AP

i wonder how much AP the Stolen Robber Baron Virus [Virii] v4.97317  will take to install.
tn5421

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2009, 01:39:18 PM »

damascus worked out it would be 960AP

i wonder how much AP the Stolen Robber Baron Virus [Virii] v4.97317  will take to install.

47,742 AP
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to: