The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 05:05:01 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Copy to Clipboard + Software bounce  (Read 5923 times)
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2010, 11:03:52 AM »

I've seen it on websites before, and I think it'd be a good way to reduce clicks;

If you see an IP in green like: [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] clicking it once should copy it to clipboard, thus negating the need to highlight and ctrl+c , or however you do it

The only place this would really occur is running processes
decrypt file #63340 /root/OS/os.sock V 0.57 [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx], 1h 8m 1s

I know the IPs under software for your viruses (why are viruses under software anyway, kinda confusing when Files / Programs  is software technically) are already links, but thats a direct connect and can screw up your bounce, so howabout, if you already have a bounce started, it automatically bounces to the IP you click under software, instead of direct connect and breaking it, but if you arent in a bounce chain already, it directs connect like normal, you dig?

It just bugs me that to bounce through my viruses to check the servers i HAVE to meticulously copy and paste the IPs i need, when i could just simply click and go

Little ergonomic updates can make the game a whole lot better  bodyguard

Yeah, IP addys used, so altered by mod, sorry.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 03:31:25 PM by Exousia » Logged

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 11:25:18 AM »

I agree with you there...

Hate trying to find out which files of mine you are disinfecting...

Exousia
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 03:33:03 PM »

Some of the IPs displayed are links and what irks me is that the assumption by the game is that you want to "connect" when I really really want to "bounce" and add it to the chain.

Can't tell you how many times I accidentally broadcast my IP addy that way back in previous rounds.

EDIT: I know it sounds irrelevant, but I've accidentally clicked on these links and ruined a bounce chain when I was trying to copy-paste, so I'm agreeing with this suggestion.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 03:44:35 PM by Exousia » Logged
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 07:12:45 PM »

Exactly, thats my point

And for the record those wern't real IP's  16

Exousia
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 10:58:18 PM »

Eh, well, for the record, the Forum ToS is pretty general about it. I'm pretty much required to remove all IPs.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 04:36:25 AM »

And yet you didn't in some other posts ;)

But yeah, moving off course again 8D

Exousia
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 11:56:58 PM »

I'm one person attempting to moderate a forum, cut me some slack.  2

Send me the links, and I'll take care of it. If anyone notices something I miss, just shoot me a PM. It's not just my responsibility to keep things under control here. We're a community. Just because I was given certain rights and powers, doesn't mean it falls solely upon my shoulders to do everything around here.  16

This public service message brought to you by the friendly people at Icarus.
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 06:28:30 AM »

Didn't you know you are the GOD around here...

You are supposed to be omnipresent and omniscient...

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 06:50:58 AM »

I'm one person attempting to moderate a forum, cut me some slack.  2

Send me the links, and I'll take care of it. If anyone notices something I miss, just shoot me a PM. It's not just my responsibility to keep things under control here. We're a community. Just because I was given certain rights and powers, doesn't mean it falls solely upon my shoulders to do everything around here.  16

This public service message brought to you by the friendly people at Icarus.

It's okay, you're forgiven  13
I know Drago had some threads up last round to get everyone to install Revs but noone complained so meh

It's a silly rule really, if it's my IP i should be allowed to give it out
Especially if its an utterly fake one, but i guess you cant go round testing every IP 8D
Either way it doesn't matter really

What do you think of my suggestion :3

Exousia
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 07:37:06 PM »

Only negative I can see is that it would speed up and simplify mission grinding as well.

Which I guess may be part of the point, but I've seen a lot of complaining about mission grinding last round and it's starting this round already, if I recall correctly. I grind missions myself, but I try to keep it limited so there's at least a few left for others to do. I'd say we need to just increase the number of missions available, but that would probably just increase the mission grinding as well. (Wasn't there a suggestion recently about limiting the number of missions one can accept?)

As for Drago, yeah, I made an exception since those IPs were publicly available in game but I can see how that might be seen as a double standard and probably not really in accordance with the ToS. Believe it or else, I *try* not to be a complete despot. Speaking of which, I should really go back now that the new round has started and edit that thread or just remove it. One of the three.

The reason for that part of the ToS is really to prevent people from seeing an IP in the forum and then trying it and then either by intent or by accident, finding someone. It's to prevent harassment by means of the forum. All IPs are intended to be secret. In this group I'm sure there are a few, but how many people are aware of their IP addy in real life, let alone are even aware that they have one? lol
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 09:57:24 AM »

shameless referencing

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: