The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 01:49:07 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Downloading a file on deleting process  (Read 10445 times)
PauloHaddad

paulochf@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 02:37:12 PM »

I think it's possible also. Actually, I am who is downloading a file and the other guy has the task complete available.

I asked that because I can be downloading that file for nothing, and I want to know if what should I do: kill the process or wait until the end?

So...?

If I write something wrong, grammatically speaking, please msg me!
please

Thx!  13
Kingdutch

Crazyness :D

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 02:51:12 PM »

So better not download since if he completes you're download will be for nothing.

BTW What I think right now is really stupid, I download a file however have to complete the task before someone deleted the file. I can't in example download it, when its'done, leave it three hours while someone else is deleting the file. (Starting deleting after my download finished) if he/she clicks task complete before me, my file download's screwed. Meaning I have to time my downloads really accuratly which is sometimes very hard for 15 hour downloads -.-

Hope I make my point, be able to complete downloads if "Task complete" was shown before file delete is at certain point.

Skippyballs would do well in this game.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 03:10:05 PM »

only download things at the bottom of list >.> tehy're newest and least likely to be deleted, but check them anyway, and if you get the chance change everything to public, i always do it as a courtesy to the newbies

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
PauloHaddad

paulochf@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 03:17:28 PM »

So better not download since if he completes you're download will be for nothing.

BTW What I think right now is really stupid, I download a file however have to complete the task before someone deleted the file. I can't in example download it, when its'done, leave it three hours while someone else is deleting the file. (Starting deleting after my download finished) if he/she clicks task complete before me, my file download's screwed. Meaning I have to time my downloads really accuratly which is sometimes very hard for 15 hour downloads -.-

Hope I make my point, be able to complete downloads if "Task complete" was shown before file delete is at certain point.
I think it too.

TC'ing (TC = task complete) a delete file before the download 100% should cancel the download OR unable delete's TC, because the file is 'in use' and cannot be deleted (it's a Windows thing, althought it can be one of MS 'worst practices').

please

Thx!  13
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 03:30:52 PM »

>.> i have to agree, but i'm smart, so i was still able to get rid of prefetch >.> believe me, if it's not gone then you could have a problem (people wonder where virus goes, thats where!!!!!!!!!)

PauloHaddad

paulochf@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 03:42:37 PM »

Well... the file was was dust, and my download continued. I had to kill it...  dots

please

Thx!  13
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 04:25:35 PM »

download is usually faster then delete process, if he clicked download and there was no delete in the process list he should be fine.

Sir Emi I apologize but I disagree.  Until you get something around 50 BW you won't be able to beat a delete of the file.  Maybe 30BW but it is still far above what people start with.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 04:30:44 PM »

download is usually faster then delete process, if he clicked download and there was no delete in the process list he should be fine.

Sir Emi I apologize but I disagree.  Until you get something around 50 BW you won't be able to beat a delete of the file.  Maybe 30BW but it is still far above what people start with.

he has a point >.> maybe have a speed download with it taking up resources??? (upload too :P)

PauloHaddad

paulochf@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 04:38:44 PM »

I would say that, because before I start downloading that file I checked if someone was trying to delete it and didn't find anything.

he has a point >.> maybe have a speed download with it taking up resources??? (upload too :P)
I have to disagree. Processor capacity does not chance the internet traffic (I'm talking about nowadays, not about Pentium 486).

But I can say that if you could make your processor work in order to drop the filesize (like a zip), then I think it's plausible.

please

Thx!  13
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2008, 04:41:04 PM »

I would say that, because before I start downloading that file I checked if someone was trying to delete it and didn't find anything.

I have to disagree. Processor capacity does not chance the internet traffic (I'm talking about nowadays, not about Pentium 486).

But I can say that if you could make your processor work in order to drop the filesize (like a zip), then I think it's plausible.

sounds good to me, and it also fills my request for compression software

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: