The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 27, 2024, 08:58:36 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: NPC servers repair themselves.  (Read 8956 times)
Raistlin

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2008, 01:34:50 PM »

Given that we have the power to damage public and secret servers (I'm looking at you, soviet :P), perhaps they could repair themselves over time? I mean, surely the corporations behind them must have money, so they could buy new hardware.
Kingdutch

Crazyness :D

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 01:37:53 PM »

/signed

Skippyballs would do well in this game.
PauloHaddad

paulochf@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 05:47:19 PM »

I think it will give some work to Emi, but I liked so.

/signed [2]

If I write something wrong, grammatically speaking, please msg me!
please

Thx!  13
human

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 06:31:54 PM »

I think he will have to add this to the task list.

/signed

EoD's forums

~~ Human ~~ EoD Co-Leader
HJ®
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 06:52:40 PM »

/signed
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »

what?

o.o

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 08:34:47 PM »

Soviet, I'm talking about those surprises you left on the true light servers. Y'know, the explosive ones? :P
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 11:33:03 PM »

Yeah that was just mean soviet, now I have to get my hammer and repair the True Light servers.  laugh

Maybe the publics server could auto-repair (and not support virii over version 0.2  diablo)

Way to go!  laugh

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 11:36:09 PM »

Yeah that was just mean soviet, now I have to get my hammer and repair the True Light servers.  laugh

Maybe the publics server could auto-repair (and not support virii over version 0.2  diablo)

Way to go!  laugh

I wouldn't put a limit on the Virii versions but what about the possibility of the servers not only repairing themselves but also improving themselves as time goes by to show a continued increase on all of the servers.   Of course this would screw up my personal plans but it is a thought.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 01:08:46 AM »

The new high version servers that spawn already have improvements to hardware additional to the improvement to defenses.

I think the interactive tutorial should give a low secret server IP if the newbie players manage to complete it, as reward... just to show them the way into the network...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 01:10:42 AM by siremi » Logged

Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 09:40:27 AM »

I disagree to giving everyone secret server IPs when they start... That sort of voids the definition of "secret," doesn't it? I got my first secret server IP when someone hacked me - I followed the trail into one, and was so excited I forgot all about the hacking. From that one, I now have well over 100 SS IPs... if you have one, you can get them all. It should be something you have to try to find instead of something you're given.
human

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 09:54:57 AM »

Way to go!  laugh

I TOTALY DISAGREE with setting litmit to virii in public servers. Perharps allowing it if the servers resources are fulled, but not countering it....

I think the interactive tutorial should give a low secret server IP if the newbie players manage to complete it, as reward... just to show them the way into the network...

Which interactive tutorial?

Anyway, I think that getting 1 IP adress from each megacorp PUBLIC server (1 Omnicron MegaCorp... , 1 Hakuza MegaCorp..., 1 Icarus MegaCorp..., and 1 True Light MegaCorp... PUBLIC server IP adress). In their missions you can see many misions targetering secret servers (more than public ones).

EoD's forums

~~ Human ~~ EoD Co-Leader
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 11:37:24 AM »

but people are defusing my bombs siremi, it isnt fair :'(

Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 11:43:51 AM »

Why isn't that fair? I mean, you already set them off, so the servers should slowly regenerate the damage caused. If it were a player, they'd be fixing it!
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 01:55:07 PM »

*sigh*

ok ok i give in, fix all you wany, ive had my fun.

for now.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: