The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 05:22:12 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Drugs  (Read 39144 times)
Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2008, 12:22:31 PM »

Bwahaha. Man, what about the trees then? How do you think they'd feel about that? Their long dead nemesis back to hunt them to extinction. I'd be pissed if that happened.

That track suit idea is something else though.

Good times...good times.

Retired. Best Finish: #4 (Should've been #3)
HJ®
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2008, 12:23:36 PM »

I think the trees should stop being jerks and share. I mean the Brontosaurus was EXTINCT and now the trees arent even going to give them a chance? Pfft.
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2008, 12:44:21 PM »

Eh. I'm really dumb when stoned (I'm told that's pretty normal, heh), so I can only do it on weekends. Also, it leaves me feeling a little woozy the next day, so I can really only do it Friday and Saturday :(
HJ®
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2008, 01:02:18 PM »

Burnouts. Been there.

Heck we used to get stoned and then go back to school, back in the day. A few of us would get caught sleeping or acting stupid, but they were never concerned about any of us smoking pot.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2008, 04:06:12 PM »

you should DEVELOP a drug, now that'd be interesting.
HJ®
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2008, 04:23:57 PM »

Marijuana is not a drug.

Marijuana comes from the ground, like many other herbs.

Heroin is a drug. Crack Cocaine is a drug. They are both made in labs.

Marijuana is grown.

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground — everything that has the breath of life in it — I give every green plant for food." And it was so.

Genesis 1: 29 - 30
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2008, 04:27:37 PM »

Unfortunately for some of us, the US gov disagrees.

'Some governments define the term drug by law. In the United States, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act definition of "drug" includes "articles intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in man or other animals" and "articles (other than food) intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of man or other animals."'

So it shouldn't be a drug, since it isn't chemical in nature, but the government has changed the definition of the word drug to make it one. :(
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2008, 04:35:41 PM »

Marijuana is not a drug.

Marijuana comes from the ground, like many other herbs.

Heroin is a drug. Crack Cocaine is a drug. They are both made in labs.

Marijuana is grown.

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground — everything that has the breath of life in it — I give every green plant for food." And it was so.

Genesis 1: 29 - 30

There is a chemical in all of those that cause the trip, so it is a drug, in my opinion

Woot for that passage btw.
HJ®
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2008, 04:42:10 PM »

And you're just going to let the U.S. Government tell you what to think?

You're just going to let the U.S. Government tell you what is what? You are weak!

Marijuana became illegal because of one simple reason - HEMP. The stem of the plant.
You can do ANYTHING with Hemp. Make Paper, medicine, clothing, plastic, seed oil, etc.
It's all bio-degradeable. The plant re-grows faster than trees. They are safe and natural.

In the World Wars, the U.S. Government (The same one telling you that Pot is a Drug) Ordered ALL farmers in the United States to grow HEMP in order to supply the soldiers with uniforms, parachutes, etc. The same parachutes that were used to drop the soldiers into battle. Now they call it a drug? Without that "drug", you wouldn't have won the war! There wouldn't BE a U.S. Government!

There is no convincing scientific evidence that marijuana causes psychological damage or mental illness in either teenagers or adults.
Moderate smoking of marijuana appears to pose minimal danger to the lungs. Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains a number of irritants and carcinogens. But marijuana users typically smoke much less often than tobacco smokers, and over time, inhale much less smoke. As a result, the risk of serious lung damage should be lower in marijuana smokers.

It became illegal because when the big name companies that were already around (Namely paper companies) started to realize that Hemp can be used cheaper and easier to achieve the same results, and they put their foot down.

You tell yourself what you want to believe, Raistlin. Your government is lying to you.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 04:43:54 PM by Hatejacket » Logged
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2008, 04:45:39 PM »

Hmm, well, I'd be all well and good if the government took of the Mari ban, I've personally never smoked, but seeing what it's like would be...interesting. Now, I doubt that will ever happen, so the argument is moot, as long as I live here. [US]
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2008, 04:49:32 PM »

HJ, I think you've got me backwards. I've done my homework; I know that the prohibition of marijuana was largely the result of self-serving government organizations (the Bureau of Narcotics) and yellow journalism.  I'm against it being illegal, but I'm pointing out that the word "drug" has been redefined to encompass certain specific products, marijuana included.

To anyone interested in how weed became illegal, here's a link.
http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2003/12/22/whyIsMarijuanaIllegal.html
HJ®
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2008, 04:50:13 PM »

Look at the Financial Crisis your country is currently in.

Marijuana is the UNITED STATES' LARGEST CASH CROP. Meaning people spend more money on Pot than Corn, wheat, etc.

Dont you think the profits from taxing Legalized Marijuana would help?

Dont you think all of the salary saved paying people that are arresting you for smoking a joint could help?
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2008, 04:51:55 PM »

Look at the Financial Crisis your country is currently in.

Marijuana is the UNITED STATES' LARGEST CASH CROP. Meaning people spend more money on Pot than Corn, wheat, etc.

Dont you think the profits from taxing Legalized Marijuana would help?

Dont you think all of the salary saved paying people that are arresting you for smoking a joint could help?

Woah, we'd be richer then China :D
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2008, 04:53:27 PM »

Hate, seriously, you can't argue with me on this one; I LIKE POT.  I'm not gonna argue the other side just for fun.
HJ®
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2008, 04:54:49 PM »

You've smoked it once and you like it already?

Good stuff. Come up and try the pot in British Columbia. Best in the world :P
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to: