The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 16, 2024, 10:13:15 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Donation ad  (Read 5621 times)
Nemo

nemon@fuck.you
View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2008, 01:36:54 PM »

For those who want to donate for free HPD. The exchange rate is 525 HPD for $1.
Any donation will be credited instantly, as long as it's done from within the game. You can also send HPD to friends.
For every $5 in a single donation, you will receive a $3 credits bonus. Click here for details.

For those who want to donate for free HPD  ???????

The word "free" shouldn't be in there :P

And why is the exchange rate changing..?

nemon@f**k.you - The MSN is not a joke, it works.. Please don't ask me how it's done?
HJ®
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 02:13:22 PM »

To "give the newer players a fair chance"

aka "To piss off countless players who have donated for HPD and felt like they got ripped off only to have the prices go up soon after"

aka "To ensure that some players will NEVER donate, instead just keep waiting for the rate to increase"
Nelander

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 03:44:44 PM »

the donation for hpd is a flawed idea in my opinion, since you can arn hpds playing the game and later you can make several thousand hpds per day its only attractive to someone that is starting and make the newbie phase easier after that there is little incentive to donate thats why prices keep going up.

In most game you donate for something that cant be earn playing the game such points or special priviliges like the ones with the gold account.

so for now and until its changed only newbies or people that want to support the game without exepcting anything in return will donate, regular non newbie players might get the gold package but wont do the donate for hpd thing.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 03:52:38 PM »

Yeah... having something special for donating (the gold package) makes much more sense than the free money deal.

I've always wondered about the $5 donation thing, so if I donate $5 I get 5 * 525 = 2625 HPD plus an extra 3 * 525 = 1575 for a total of 4200 HPD?

The bonus is a little extreme.

HJ®
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 04:03:23 PM »

Yes that is correct.

so for 20$ you can buy yourself a new server.

or for that same 20$ you can get yourself a gold account.

Who's going to take HPD? Fools and newbs.
ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 07:37:19 PM »

Yes that is correct.

so for 20$ you can buy yourself a new server.

or for that same 20$ you can get yourself a gold account.

Who's going to take HPD? Fools and newbs.

Or people who have a gold account.

I'm going to hop on the bandwagon here: no game should allow you to buy your way to success at no cost of time or skill. There are two places I know of where you can legitimately buy money in-game: Puzzle Pirates and Second Life. Second Life isn't really a game: it's more of a virtual country, and as such, exchanging money makes perfect sense. In Puzzle Pirates, your character's skill is directly proportional to yours: Your character's ability to swordfight depends on the sword you use (which can be bought) and your skill in a tetris variant (which can't).

In both, you can't buy success, only a better chance. Here, I can buy success. Now granted a full set of .9 software costs $10,000, but for about $600, I can get the best cracking software, and while it will probably cost a bit to allow me to use it, I bet that with $1000, I could bring a new account into the top 20 within a week.

And while I'm sure Emi would appreciate that in the short run, it might just kill the game in the long run.

I hack games, not computers, in my life.

I'm NOT SGP, no matter how much I support them on the forums.

Pardus.at. Let me know if you play.
Nelander

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 12:52:10 AM »

ooo another noseless pirate, which ocean did you play? I still terrorize cobalt
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 01:12:46 AM »

maybe we could choose to be quick and have a flash game, or we could let the numbers to the work and have it take a  while, would give older players a deserved advantage and newbies a chance......... any ideas on what kind??? maybe a TD game, or maybe somen like the 16 squares game (hard as hell!!!!!!!!!)

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 05:32:28 AM »

we had this discussion about buying your way to the top syndrome.

Yes, it is there but hell you would need to spend a HUUUUGGGEEEE amount of RL money to get there

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 11:20:10 AM »

For people looking at playing this game and wanting to get into the top 20 asap.

Spend 1000$ to get 880,000 HPD

Upgrade your CPU to 30GHZ cost 88,350 HPD
Upgrade your RAM to 2gb cost 98,400 HPD
Upgrade your HDD to 30GB cost 7,500 HPD
Upgrade your BW to 2290kb BW cost 685,500 HPD

Now if you spent 1020$ then the total upgrades would be more like
Upgrade your CPU to 30GHz Cost 70,680
Upgrade your RAM to 2gb cost 78,720
Upgrade your HDD to 30GB cost 6,480
Upgrade your BW to 3022kb BW cost 724,080

Then just overload your cracking software to crack anyone in the game.  You even have cash left over so you can start buying .5+ servers right away.

Within a day or 2 you could be in the top 10 easily.  And if you hit the SGP repository or it's members you could be in 1st or 2nd place within a few days.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: