The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 11:41:43 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Virii and IP change  (Read 14131 times)
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 03:36:42 PM »

I agree, but this way it also makes it more important to protect your farm :P i run my best protections on my farm and i think everyone else should.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 03:48:02 PM »

jimmi is right, you should protect your farm at all costs.

The price to pay for having a big farm is the hard IP change process since you lose the virii farm if you do.

It's balance, having a farm does not target your virii for disinfection like on the secret servers.

Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 06:57:11 AM »

Well then its better having a farm with a maximum of 100 GB. When you fill it start on the next one.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
termul

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 07:07:54 AM »

^^ that was my strategy in round one, but I won't do that this time, with the increasing cost of a new server
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 10:12:40 AM »

you know a farm with only 100 gb is VERY SMALL. With only 100 gb then you will get almost no income at all. i say atleast go for 50.000 BW.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 11:13:21 AM »

Whats the use of having 2 or more farms? I dont get it guys. You'll never IP Change a farm anyway.

The worst they can do is put spyware on it but just check before collecting (all by #id from last).

They could also disinfect file shares (read: waste AP) and install their own, but you disinfect those and you're done.

Malware? nah..

Revelation attack? So? Farm is now safer lol and NOW you can just start another farmserver.

Btw, having 2 or more farms increases the chance of multiple people finding one of the IP's.

Perhaps my arguments arent strong enough but I havent seen 1 good argument to convince me using several farms.

Everybody knew my farm last round and all I got was some VI's.
HJ®
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 03:21:52 PM »

Donn is correct, and take that from (Probably) the largest farm user in the last round. I had 15 farms running at the end of the round (BEFORE i had purchased 134 total servers) . I couldn't wait for the round to reset so that I could better allocate my HPD and use my farms to their maximum efficiency.

If your farm is going to get hit it's going to get hit. Face it. If you've pissed off the wrong people, they'll come and find you.

In all honesty, IMO, it is best to rename your server and ALL of your files to something completely and totally random. Either that, or use a different tag on your file names. Make it appear as if the farm belongs to NOBODY - certainly do NOT mask your farm server after someone else, otherwise you'll end up getting hit by someone you don't even know that someone else is agitating. Nobody will waste AP on disinfecting a farm that belongs to nobody, but a group can arrange attacks on certain farms (if necessary) and you can end up with an empty farm in no time at all.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 03:29:38 PM »

If your farm is going to get hit it's going to get hit. Face it. If you've pissed off the wrong people, they'll come and find you.

In all honesty, IMO, it is best to rename your server and ALL of your files to something completely and totally random. Either that, or use a different tag on your file names. Make it appear as if the farm belongs to NOBODY

Quote for true! (Didnt know if the Qft abreviation was well known or not so just in case  19)
HJ®
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 04:41:28 PM »

Hey now, enough of that quoting nonsense, I don't want everyone to learn my tactics  laugh
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 04:50:59 PM »

I know your farm! na na na na na!  5
Lahks

lahks0@hotmail.com lahks0
View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2008, 12:47:02 AM »

Dude>>@ Donn
Why send me private email taughting me?  I'm 'not' a farm.  Just a newbe who has just starting playing...  lol
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2008, 03:25:15 AM »

Dude>>@ Donn
Why send me private email taughting me?  I'm 'not' a farm.  Just a newbe who has just starting playing...  lol

What? Who? Where? When? :p

How can a player be a farm lol? A farm is a server you make where you put virii on.

And what does this mean: Dude>>@ Donn?

Please write in a language that we all understand and not some 1337 language lol.
Lahks

lahks0@hotmail.com lahks0
View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 06:56:40 PM »

Dude  means fellow, guy,... I know what a farm is... lol  I was being silly with you because someone accessed my gateway and gave me a difficult time, deleting files, installing viruses and such. I thought that you were teasing me about that, indicating that you were the one.   1   I responded, letting you know that I am new to the HP game, and don't know how to play or stop the hacks. 
No offense intended at all.   

Dude>>@ Donn

What? Who? Where? When? :p

How can a player be a farm lol? A farm is a server you make where you put virii on.

And what does this mean: Dude>>@ Donn?

Please write in a language that we all understand and not some 1337 language lol.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2009, 07:18:39 AM »

It wasnt me ^^
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2009, 04:08:40 PM »

No matter what then when you change your ip on your farm then you will lose connections to your virii ^^ i have tryed almost everything.

Confirmed. I just tried that on my test farm. Which doesn't really make sense. Ok - you loose connection if you installed from other gateway, but if you installed locally? IP change does not bother localhost connections IRL! So if virii is installed on currently active gateway by this same gateway then IP change should not sever the connection to virii ...

lpJ.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: