The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 27, 2024, 08:37:09 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: DDoS attacks  (Read 24072 times)
rokalth

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2008, 02:17:42 AM »

Yes 1

All services should be offline, malfunctional, public ftp and board..  and server description could contain something like
"We are sorry to inform but all our services are under attack. Please, come back later."

noob school

slave_hack@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2008, 02:21:40 AM »

or"True Light blah blah is under attack by an undefined suspect,our server will be down for apox [time goes here]"

u can do anything once u have nothing
rokalth

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2008, 02:35:28 AM »

Yes thats better.

New players would be probably quite surprised of that  13
noob school

slave_hack@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2008, 02:39:26 AM »

haha yeah

u can do anything once u have nothing
Theraze

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2008, 09:01:41 AM »

Especially when it's on all of the servers they know. 1 Bet they'd stay to see if it went away.
sjums07
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2008, 03:05:33 AM »

I don't like the DDoS attack idea from SH :D but the idea of a DoS attack would be better. Then it could be something like for a v .1 the downtime should be 5 minutes, or else it could be too destructive :p and it should take 'bout  an hour to make :D the attack should make the server unavailable to log on to, and tasks on  the server should stop completely :D and it should only be allowed to DoS attack the same server once or twice a week :D

an idea?? ^^
Thek3mp
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2008, 09:00:51 PM »

urh didnt read the full thread (1 and a half pages) but THIS IS NOT SLAVEHACK. slavehack f**king phailed as a game, and the majority of the people who play it do so because they are unaware of better games of the same genre on the market (hacker project) or dont want there 2 year effort and membership(with no real benefits) to go to waste.
not to mention you pretty much stole the exact names from slavehack anyways, slavehack is pathetic, M2H sucks at what he does,heck "social engineering" thats a pretty term for scamming, the majority of the pricks and cash hungry newbies did that on sh. PLEASE Emi if your reading this play slavehack and see how nutsty it is, maybe you could use it as an example of what not to do with this wonderful game.

[edit]read all of the topic now
noob school i remember you from slavehack
btw pretty much all of ideas, expansions on ideas noob school said were directly from slavehack.
thers only one thing i would want from slavehack and thats external hard drives, (which is gold account only here)

i was gonna say something else but i forgot....

[EDIT2]oh yea slavehack PHAILED.

/end rant
/run matureattitude.me -15
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 09:09:06 PM by Thek3mp » Logged
neo alpha

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2008, 09:47:10 PM »

urh didnt read the full thread (1 and a half pages) but THIS IS NOT SLAVEHACK. slavehack f**king phailed as a game, and the majority of the people who play it do so because they are unaware of better games of the same genre on the market (hacker project) or dont want there 2 year effort and membership(with no real benefits) to go to waste.
not to mention you pretty much stole the exact names from slavehack anyways, slavehack is pathetic, M2H sucks at what he does,heck "social engineering" thats a pretty term for scamming, the majority of the pricks and cash hungry newbies did that on sh. PLEASE Emi if your reading this play slavehack and see how nutsty it is, maybe you could use it as an example of what not to do with this wonderful game.

[edit]read all of the topic now
noob school i remember you from slavehack
btw pretty much all of ideas, expansions on ideas noob school said were directly from slavehack.
thers only one thing i would want from slavehack and thats external hard drives, (which is gold account only here)

i was gonna say something else but i forgot....

[EDIT2]oh yea slavehack PHAILED.

/end rant
/run matureattitude.me -15

Add
to MSN
SalvadorHaldane

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2009, 10:50:42 AM »

Really you need a nice ddos protection provider that is ready to filter traffic to stop a DDoS attack in the event you have a problem.
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2009, 12:00:31 PM »

Posting in a theme 6 months in hibernation?
death 2 all

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2009, 12:47:13 PM »

Perhaps you could qualify me Arthur as I am beyond 1M points.  5

Been thinking about this stuff for days now.
This could give potential to PvP warfare for HP.

How about this:

Denial of Service Malware

1.) You infect a server with DoS viruses.
2.) You activate the viruses and select a target player's IP.
3.) Each activated virus takes 10kbps BW (depends on level) from the host.
4.) Each activated virus will take 10kbps BW (depends on level) of the target player's gateway.
5.) Target player will lose 5% of income that he is gathering from his income-generating viruses.

Notes:
* Viruses from host server will lose 5% income generated per 10kbps lost from DoS malware since its bandwidth is being eaten.
* Upload and activate it in different servers and that makes it DDoS.

Now that's brutal and could stop the income of a top player who doesn't change IP and only log 3 times a day!  5

Solution to being targeted by DoS virus:
1.) Use IP change.
2.) Capture the virus and optionally disable it or kill the BW of another player's gateway.
3.) Disinfect the viruses using Malware Anti-Virus

N00b protection:
1.) Cannot be started on players under 1 month
2.) Or 20Kbps
3.) Or 1,000 Mhz CPU
4.) Or 75,000 RAM

Ways to get out:
1.) New protection type: DDoS F/W: 0.5% chance of blocking a DDoS attack, which increases by 0.01 every 0.1 version, with a cap of 20% (or lower, depends on Emi's oppinion)
2.) 30% chance of DDoS attack working, constant
3.) 'Ghost' override from non-existant server: 5% chance, climbs 0.001% every 1 version, with a 10% cap

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2009, 02:16:47 PM »

Ooor, your firewall can block the DDoS because that's what it's supposed to do.

Exousia
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2009, 05:50:36 PM »

I believe that the new forum accounts see even the oldest threads as "New Posts" so most wouldn't notice that it was old.  16
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2009, 11:03:08 PM »

I believe that the new forum accounts see even the oldest threads as "New Posts" so most wouldn't notice that it was old.  16

yes they do, but you would think seeing something like
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2008, 09:47:10 PM »
would kind of tell you that it was a little old...

Exousia
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2009, 01:35:29 AM »

Maybe, but how often do we actually look at the time/date stamp?  laugh I'm just as guilty as the next guy of not actually paying attention to it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to: