The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 26, 2024, 07:15:33 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Do you want the number one account in this game?  (Read 16658 times)
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2008, 04:23:43 PM »

Hey everyone,
I think my time at HP is coming to a close. Real life is starting to suffer from me playing this too much. If you're interested in my account, check out http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180280418274.

And before anyone flips out, there's nothing in the ToS against selling accounts, and I'm only offering the time I invested in the account anyways. Auction ends in 3 days.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:34:40 PM by Crlaozwyn » Logged
Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 04:35:57 PM »

Bah humbug... just when my diabolical plan to take you down was coming to fruition...

coffee1
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 04:38:14 PM »

You could buy the account, format all the hard drives, and never collect on the virii - that'd be a great way to destroy me... Yeah.
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 04:49:45 PM »

I had to read it, and btw, I think it looks like a great way to advertise HP...

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 05:13:34 PM »

GAH and now I have to say good bye to another SGP member.....
So lets see.
Rothum
Gor
ManOfTheSea
Neo
Soviet
and now Crl.

Sir Emi WOULD YOU PLEASE FIX THE DANG GAME SO MY GROUP DOESN'T KEEP QUITTING?

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 10:16:05 PM »

Sir Emi WOULD YOU PLEASE FIX THE DANG GAME SO MY GROUP DOESN'T KEEP QUITTING?

I'm working on it.

I want to say that I have nothing against selling of accounts, but you may want to warn your buyers that the game may have rounds.

The continuation of the story will reveal that True Light has developed a virus called the Revelation to destroy the mega-corps. The mega-corps are working on an anti-virus to hold off the menace, and the players will be right in the middle and involved in the doom's day that will create the Halls of Fame.

I will write more about that in the official storyline topic.

Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 12:52:59 AM »

So there'll be a reset after all... I figured the game would come to that. Of course it's announced as soon as I decide to sell my account :D
Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 01:46:02 AM »

I want to say that I have nothing against selling of accounts, but you may want to warn your buyers that the game may have rounds.

Uh uh... whenever it's ready could you share a bit more your thoughts on this Sir Emi? It can have a big impact on the strategy on the coming days. (Specifically - if you upgrade a gold server I assume you keep the upgraded server through different rounds?)

coffee1
RavenXP

rgongora2002@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 03:21:35 AM »

Uh uh... whenever it's ready could you share a bit more your thoughts on this Sir Emi? It can have a big impact on the strategy on the coming days. (Specifically - if you upgrade a gold server I assume you keep the upgraded server through different rounds?)

Maybe the upgraded FTP server will be retained... but the contents... will be another things. It should be erased for a total reset.
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 06:45:50 AM »

the virus has the same name as the one in uplink ^.-

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 07:30:03 AM »

Im against selling accounts. Its like cheating but you buy it instead. Here we uses up our own time to get a good account and now youre selling yours to anyone who have money. Its not funny to be beaten just because the other people had money (I would probably be beaten by most of all players but what if I was in top ten?). Its the same thing with donating money.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 09:42:44 AM »

You think donating is like cheating too. Awesome.

I realize this game is small, and I realize that you may not like the idea of someone being more powerful than you because they had a few bucks in their pocket... But how is that any different from me beating you without a few bucks in my pocket? The fact is that someone has to be #1. This auction is for anyone who wonders what it's like to be on top  5 Whoever buys it will get my MSN as well, and I'll give them some advice to help keep them in the #1 spot as well.

The way I see it, I've literally spent hundreds of hours on this game over the past few months. It's been fun, but sometimes it's been hard work. I've planned and plotted, and it's payed off. If this account sells for $20 (the cost of the Gold account), I'm making like $.25 an hour for my time. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me.
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 11:38:39 AM »

You think donating is like cheating too. Awesome.

The donations isnt wrong but to recieve HPD, AP or goldmembership is in my opinion wrong. But the game must bring in some money. Its expensive to run a server and Sir Emi must get something for his own living. (Im almost certain that Sir Emis work is just to program games and maybe other stuff. A project this huge cant be done on a persons spare time. Especially not alone.)

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 11:39:17 AM »

Thoughts on selling accounts - I am not against it, though I think it's a pity because

1) I like to take on the guy who made it to #1
2) Almost invariably whoever buys the top account is less skilled than the person who got the account there. Makes the challenge that little bit less challenging.

I like the fact you'll sell the tips too so that whomever makes it there does not crash and burn.

coffee1
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 11:57:15 AM »

I think whoever takes over the account will actually do as well, if not better, than I'm doing. I only play about an hour a day... Someone who still seriously plays could do a lot more 1 I think you'll find the new owner more than a bit formidable for whatever you can throw their way >: )

As for you Arthur, people are selfish. It's a fact of life. Just because you don't want to donate or don't have the money doesn't mean that it's in any way wrong for others to do so, reward or no. Is it wrong for people to donate to charitable causes because of the tax break? No. Is it wrong for people to donate to an online game to get an edge? No. People would have to literally spend thousands of dollars buying hpd to make a significant difference, and $20 is very manageable for just about everyone. If you're too cheap to pay it, don't knock on those who appreciate a game enough to pay for it.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: