The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 09:19:00 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Guide update - Revelation Day  (Read 78627 times)
setech

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 06:16:05 AM »

I really don't see the reason, why you people are whining so much. There is
only a hand full of people to pull the dooms day and as it stands now, they
won't do it. They even can prevent it. d**n, if I did not miss some critical
point in the description, the dooms day will be the same day when hell freezes
(read: never).

ps. I'm tired of the dozen of people on the top complaining all the time. If
you don't like this game, then show off and let the rest of us play!

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Krieger

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2008, 06:34:26 AM »

ps. I'm tired of the dozen of people on the top complaining all the time. If
you don't like this game, then show off and let the rest of us play!
I'm not in top and I complain about some aspects of the game. If you don't like about the people who complain, then sow off and let the top complain all the time! ;)

I mean, everybody can say what they think... You can play, we can complain.

Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 06:41:55 AM »

I totally agree with Krieger even if I usually dont complain much on the game. Im not in the top either but I can still complain about the game sometimes. Thats exactly what Im doing now so please dont talk before you know whos you talking to.

And most of the highest players have informed Sir Emi about something he wrote before this. That the game wont reset on this server. Maybe on other future servers but not on this one.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
human

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 08:05:01 AM »

This are only some ideas I have around it, and will not be taken as they will be true:

Faith string cannot be deleted from name.
Faith is shown as part of process string on the processes page. Such as "Faith fighing revelation V xxxx [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx][owned]
Revelation can be deleted/hid/encript by other players.
Revelation cannot make coundown if is hid/encripted.
Revelation needs 24 hours to be installed, whatever its version is.
Revelation can be deleted while is in install process.
2 Faith AV processes can be funssioned in one with the remaining time lowered than the original process. Then they can be fussioned again, and again, and again....
Revelation disinfect takes 6 hours, whatever faith version is.

EoD's forums

~~ Human ~~ EoD Co-Leader
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 09:35:28 AM »

no.................. we're aiming to have a BIG overload bomb.............................. i kinda like the idea ^^, just make it so that there's a chance to last through the day 0.0, and also, the 1.0+ server idea makes it a bit ........... biased, on who can do it, but i understand why

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 10:21:40 AM »

no.................. we're aiming to have a BIG overload bomb.............................. i kinda like the idea ^^, just make it so that there's a chance to last through the day 0.0, and also, the 1.0+ server idea makes it a bit ........... biased, on who can do it, but i understand why

1.0 + NPC servers are chump change to anyone who has played at least 1 week and made any progress.   Don't forget you can overload that server as well.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Chrisom

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 10:48:52 AM »

I like the idea of the revelation virus 1

Imagine if a group of 10 newbies get thier hands on it, it wil send the top ten players running,

I say bring this virus on :D
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 10:58:10 AM »

I like the idea of the revelation virus 1

Imagine if a group of 10 newbies get thier hands on it, it wil send the top ten players running,

I say bring this virus on :D
A group of 10 newbies wouldn't be able to use it, because you can't pool resources. Any of the top 10 players on the other hand could wipe out those newbies if they wanted to.... say for implying that they'd use it? ;)

As for people whining about us whining... There's a difference between a complaint and a constructive criticism. A complaint is a knee-jerk reaction that one is being treated unfairly, which offers no solution to the issue. A constructive criticism (what most of the experienced players do) says "I think this will be an issue, and here are a few ways I think it could be resolved." If you don't like the way MOST of the people on these forums talk, why don't YOU shove off? 1 Otherwise, feel free to join us in trying to make this a better game. Thank you.

EDIT: fixed some grammar :p
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 11:36:24 AM by Crlaozwyn » Logged
HJ®
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 11:34:34 AM »

And if Crl's response wasn't good enough, I'll let him bring the gun out.
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 02:13:21 PM »

When I think about this its really similar to a suggestion about worms. (Please look in it where ever it is. That was a good suggestion.) I was one of the people wanting it to happen but a reset was never mentioned during that discussion. Im glad to hear that Sir Emi listens to us but I dont like what he added to the idea.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008, 04:56:19 PM »

I am going to add my voice to the crowd against a reset.

You led us to believe, whether intentionally or otherwise, that the game we were playing would be persistent. That what we did would last, and continue to serve us. And we are not satisfied by simply being in a Hall of Fame somewhere: Hall of Famers aren't making a difference any more.

I would be satisfied as long as we keep something after doomsday: perhaps we keep 1/10 of our upgrades, and our best secondary server (with 1/10 it's upgrades).

I hack games, not computers, in my life.

I'm NOT SGP, no matter how much I support them on the forums.

Pardus.at. Let me know if you play.
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 05:26:51 PM »

Yeah? Well, I wouldn't be satisfied with that. I mean, sure, it's something, but by the third reset or so, what you did back in the first iteration will be meaningless. And if it's a PERMANENT keep of that 10%, well, that'd be more satisfying, but would eventually completely destroy any sort of balance.
Player

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2008, 05:56:23 PM »

How about making it a special event.

When the event triggers, you have a choice of joining the Revelation side or Faith side, ( or neutral )

If the Revelation side manages to win, there will be a bonus to everyone who joined the Revelation side, and with a bigger bonus to those that successfully activate the virus. Also, there will be a penalty for people who joined Faith side, and reset the public and secret servers, wiping all the virus already installed. (there could be other things as well, like for example removing all inactive accounts that went inactive for more than a month)

Similarly, if the Faith manage to keep the virus at bay for a certain amount of time, a bonus will be given to everyone in the Faith side, with a bigger bonus to the top disinfectors. Likewise, a penalty is given to people in Revelation side.

Edit: added a few things.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 06:03:38 PM by Player » Logged

Doomsday is Coming! Run for It!
Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 07:01:19 PM »

Bah, I don't like this one bit. I was hoping for a game where there's at least an option for a persistent world, but now it looks like we're going to have any progress wiped every once in a while. Do you plan on making this a reoccurring event?

I must say I have to echo the sentiment above.

Let me do just that:

Bah, I don't like this one bit. I was hoping for a game where there's at least an option for a persistent world.

Why?

Because it makes all the difference on how you play. I've already charted out the next six months of development - Yes all six months with milestones, key target researches etc. Everything to get me near to the top, and actually it's working even better than I expected.

Instead now I see this and I don't even know if I will have six months. Or three. Or twelve. What is even worse is that it is basically out of my hands. If I divert resources to researching "Faith" then I will fail in my original objectives. If I do not divert resources to research "Faith" then I may not have the time required to accomplish them.

I would have much much much preferred a means of attrition or technological obsolescence of software and/or hardware to limit growth and allow people to catch up to the top. Frankly I am left now with that bittersweet taste of "oh another game which I joined halfway through and which may reset before I get to where I want to. Or maybe it won't. Or whatever."

coffee1
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2008, 07:58:31 PM »

i'm afraid that this also gives people in groups a rather large advantage, and could we also possibly set the event to take place on the weekend (for rather obvious reasons)

i would to also know what the specs on the virus are, such as how much cpu/ram it will take, and additionally, the more i think about it the more i think players with servers that they can sacrifice will be in a much better position (ie crl, or soviet, or raistlin) so shouldn't it be impossible to install on your own server?

and also, this is supposed to be the persistent world (i hate to be on the bandwagon, but i'm going with it anyway) so there needs to be some limitations to the revelation virus.......... like a 1 hour minimum sitting time?

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Print
Jump to: