The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 02:41:43 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Guide update - Revelation Day  (Read 78617 times)
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2008, 10:16:28 AM »

There is only one product that combines the same combination of a social network, expansive gameplay, continual updates, etc - and that is WoW. There may be only one game CALLED "The Hacker Project," but many other games deliver the same kind of gameplay and competitive nature. I know, because I've played many of them. The mechanics are different, the idea is the same and it plays exactly the same. How do you think I made it to number one, past people who play more than I do and started first? Do you WANT this game to die? Out of all my comments and things I said, you decide to nitpick and bring out one somewhat irrelevant point with a flawed argument? Deal with the meat of the issue before picking at the garnish.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2008, 10:32:51 AM »

All changes / updates are for the benefit of the game.
Persistent worlds are destined to get boring.

That said, we will consider a persistent server in the future.

We are not forcing the Revelation Day, it's entirely up to the players. They can choose to become the protectors of Doom's Day and guard against it or they can choose to bring Doom and start a new round. It's entirely up to the players to fight it out.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 12:40:32 PM by siremi » Logged

Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2008, 10:36:08 AM »

Thank you for responding to the general question of this thread.

How about answering some specific questions, like these:
Are donations up or down since you implemented VB/AP?
How will you continue to run a game that produces no income?
How will you continue to run a game that has no player base?
What is the point of creating a message board if we have no actual input? Just make ingame announcements instead.
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2008, 11:15:53 AM »

from that last post siremi, I for some reason just realized how good of an update this is. in a lot of games when they make updates, either they do a player wipe where everyone has to start from scratch, or they just leave it and things get overly unbalanced because everyone already is at the top anyways. I think this is a great tool that will allow the player to choose if there is a player wipe when new things get implemented.  that is, if that is how you want it to be and it does wipe players too...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 11:23:50 AM by gs 059 » Logged

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2008, 12:46:33 PM »

Regarding the player wipeout, we don't do things like that after Revelation Day.

"You will not lose your account status / user, only the resources are reset."

Your account will still be there with your #id and user, it just starts a new round and keeps all players that registered. They can then begin to upgrade and race to the top again. The #id / user you have remains and is a statement of the veteran status of a player, low #id usually means better / veteran player.

HJ®
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2008, 01:38:16 PM »

[Edited]

Vulgar and/or other publicly unacceptable topics will not be tolerated!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 06:38:31 PM by siremi » Logged
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2008, 01:57:05 PM »

Nice signature. I think (color='red') should work better. Just switch the ()'s with []'s.

Anyway there isnt much left to say. Youve expressed most of the bigger players (and many other players. Like me.) feelings even though we shouldnt have called Emi a b*tch. I think almost all bigger players will leave after the reset. Several of them is ready to leave now even though its not sure if a reset would occure.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
HJ®
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2008, 01:59:13 PM »

[Edited]

Vulgar and/or other publicly unacceptable topics will not be tolerated!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 06:38:47 PM by siremi » Logged
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2008, 02:06:15 PM »

Since I wasnt really affected by the AP system I havent really got a reason to leave this game. But a good update would surely be good. Or so I thought.
What size do you use in your sig?

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
HJ®
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2008, 02:06:46 PM »

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2008, 02:07:28 PM »

Well, is there really anything more left to say? Rather than quoting the obvious, i would just say, Sir Emi...Take a deep breath, make yourself a coffee or get a soda, whatever...Then just GO BACK TO PAGE 1 of this thread and re-read EVERYTHING (specifically the posts from both HJ and Crl, no offense to anyone else), you have been offered countless alternatives that all players would be more than willing to accept.

I seriously do believe a re-think of this idea is on order, are you really prepared to lose your playerbase over something as trivial as actually LISTENING to your customers, and why do i say 'customers', well because WE PAYED for the game!

'nuff said.

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2008, 06:34:20 PM »

Hatejacket, you have violated the forum rules and the game TOS:

"The Hacker Project upholds high standards of moral behavior."

"Content and responsibility     
        The Hacker Project is visited by a great number of people. Posts and messages spreading racists, religious intolerance, vulgar and/or other publicly unacceptable topics will not be tolerated. They will lead to warnings and/or sanctions or the direct termination of accounts in question."

The forum sig used is also an abuse and vulgar way of expressing your opinion and it will NOT be tolerated!

gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2008, 06:53:52 PM »

I think I do not know the definition of vulgar than...

Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2008, 08:23:09 PM »

I think I do not know the definition of vulgar than...

Here you go then:

Vulgar - Adjective
1.   characterized by ignorance of or lack of good breeding or taste: vulgar ostentation.
2.   indecent; obscene; lewd: a vulgar work; a vulgar gesture.
3.   crude; coarse; unrefined: a vulgar peasant.
4.   of, pertaining to, or constituting the ordinary people in a society: the vulgar masses.
5.   current; popular; common: a vulgar success; vulgar beliefs.
6.   spoken by, or being in the language spoken by, the people generally; vernacular: vulgar tongue.
7.   lacking in distinction, aesthetic value, or charm; banal; ordinary: a vulgar painting.
–noun
8.   Archaic. the common people.
9.   Obsolete. the vernacular.

coffee1
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2008, 08:24:09 PM »

So we can fight revelation day, but eventually some group of people could keep the viruses alive long enough to trigger the reset? It seems inevitable but it still means we could have a lot of gamplay left before the reset right? It'd mean someone would have to be fighting rebelation viruses a lot though  10
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Print
Jump to: