The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 26, 2024, 02:32:09 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: Sons of Technological Liberty  (Read 100216 times)
Exousia
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2008, 06:36:32 PM »

Not familiar with the plot line of Heroes. I am aware of it, however.

Since when does hypocrisy stop people?

The only way to know for certain is to uncover the face(s) behind SoTL.

Given the time frame under which the current copies appeared, and the fact that they cannot be undone in a reasonable amount of time, it is entirely possible that this group may well complete the DDay scenario.

My fiendish brain has vomited up some new theories. If one of them is right, it will be interesting, but it will ruin it if I tell. I need more information.
Thek3mp
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2008, 06:37:41 PM »

i havent even dared log into any of the rev servers yet, in case of log campers :(
Exousia
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2008, 06:38:52 PM »

I have, and they're installing.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2008, 06:39:49 PM »

I think we need a police force besides SGP, no matter how powerful, 6 people can only do so much!
(ARC doesn't count, they only do revelation, I hope they're cracking down hard on this sudden threat though!)
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2008, 06:40:38 PM »

oh Shi*
4 soTL servers, this is getting bad!
Exousia
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2008, 07:22:19 PM »

I'm pretty sure they're staggered too. However, until there's 10 SoTLs, there's not so much of a threat as an scare. However, given the time line, it is possible that they could build and install as they go and there'd be nothing we could do about it but watch the fireworks.

I need more information. All this speculation is just making me paranoid.  confused2 laugh
Thek3mp
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2008, 07:28:46 PM »

when rev is finally getting near ur all nuts scared or panicing, dont remember they need 11 days to activate, thtas some time to think for plans
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2008, 07:29:58 PM »

We have to get SirEmi to do the Newbie prot fix!!
Exousia
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2008, 07:40:13 PM »

Maybe. Maybe he's planning a huge update when the server resets. Something's up here. It all seems too contrived, almost forced. Whether it's Emi or not is irrelevant, and even if it is, it is not necessarily a bad thing. The more I think about it, the more it fails to add up to such a simple solution as what we've been ranting about on the forum. I tend to over analyze, though, but my gut isn't leaving it alone and my gut is often much more rational than my brain. I'm not sure what it is but something doesn't quite add up. For SoTL to do what it's attempting to do, even if it's an idle threat, it needs backing and organization to do what's been done in this time frame. I'm looking at the top 20 here.
Master Shake

Icarus Code Grinder

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2008, 07:56:44 PM »

Not when the virus was bought. Just needed the cash. And there are some names down by me that seem to make a ridiculous amount of money from delete missions. And I'm also wondering if 1 user is using a script to do it. Once you have the needed specs, all you would need to do is save up (or buy) the HPD needed.

On a slightly related topic, I'm stopping the Faith deletions in case they're needed in the near future.

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2008, 08:07:57 PM »

It's only one virii per person though, there's a group behind this.
Exousia
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2008, 08:11:55 PM »

And then there's the fact that one can make multiple accounts. Even if the account is young, the face behind it could be old or supported by a old account. There's more questions the more I ponder it.
HJ®
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2008, 08:30:12 PM »

You all seem to be forgetting the price of a v 2.452 Revelation Virus in the Software Store...

You don't think THAT was intentional?
SoTL

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2008, 08:33:08 PM »

We would like to reiterate that we stand true to the principles we originally stated. We understand the public is terrified by the prospect of Doomsday, but we again insist that unless others not in alliance with us decide to activate their own copies, we will not begin the countdown to Doomsday. We primarily wish for an end to the Tsar Weapons project. To this end, we claim responsibility for the disinfection of Tsar Bomba as a step towards our primary objective.

For those of you who doubt our intentions, we have begun formats on all servers we own that hold the Revelation virus, and are prepared to delete our copies once all other researched copies are removed. Until then we stand firmly on our position.
Master Shake

Icarus Code Grinder

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2008, 08:39:41 PM »

Thanks for that. I have a list of every person online when that post was made. Perhaps coincidental, but may narrow the playing field a tad. Contact me for a copy.

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
Print
Jump to: