The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 27, 2024, 06:00:12 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: Sons of Technological Liberty  (Read 100226 times)
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2008, 12:27:14 AM »

I could cause doomsday with 1.0s, I think. It's what, 10 hours per v.1, give or take? 100 hours. . . By my reckoning, a well organized team could end the world in under 90 :(

We should destroy all revs. ALL of them.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2008, 12:39:26 AM »

Sadly though yes we did research it up.   And what we predicted would happen has happened thanks to SoTL.
if you predicted it would happen than why did you do it?

We wanted to explore revelations and look at what it would take to make d-day unstoppable and it's viability as an actual weapon.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2008, 12:42:06 AM »

I could cause doomsday with 1.0s, I think. It's what, 10 hours per v.1, give or take? 100 hours. . . By my reckoning, a well organized team could end the world in under 90 :(

We should destroy all revs. ALL of them.

That is what SGP has been working on.   However SoTL made it impossible for us to complete the op as is evident by them having the only V1.0.  They were watching HJ's server which he was disinfecting to get it as close as possible to the last minute.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2008, 01:27:34 AM »

Sadly though yes we did research it up.   And what we predicted would happen has happened thanks to SoTL.
if you predicted it would happen than why did you do it?

We wanted to explore revelations and look at what it would take to make d-day unstoppable and it's viability as an actual weapon.

you could had done it with a v.1 and just ran some numbers... you did not actually have to fully test/implement it to figure it out. it is ok to say that in theory something works a certain way........

Tiak

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2008, 02:51:04 AM »

Well, I mean just reset. We will eventually reset so, that will just cause us to lose more. Just give it up.
But after that, we will reset again, then reset again, then reset again.  The subsequent resets will likely take much less time than the first has, because most of the current barriers to resetting will be gone (and because people actually will know how to grow quickly after a reset, unlike at the beginning the first time around).  If you're scared of losing whatever you gain, why play at all?  For that matter, I'm not entirely convinced you've gained much of anything on your own to lose yet.
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2008, 03:03:16 AM »

If a reset would occure right now I wont cry but I wont play HP again because:
1. I was given the expression of a persistent world.
2. I had put a lot of effort in this game (might not be visible) and now everything Ive done is going undone.
3. Ive put a lot of time in this game too. Wasted time when im not able to play until I get bored of the game.
4. I just hate games with resets unleash the game was based on rounds with a static limit of, lets say, a month. Thats the only games which can keep me to play because then the goal is to raise your ranking after every round.
5. HP have too many misplaced caps and nerfs such as the AP system.
6. Emi have a godcomplex which will only lead to people getting pissed at him making him to retaliate against the players. (May/may not happen.)

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Exousia
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2008, 04:40:26 AM »

Revelation is broken and unwelcome. It must be stricken from the server. Incidents like this will occur again unless it is removed. We will become burned out on fearing for the security of our hardware, software, and HPD and this gaming community will wilt and die. If it must exist then it must exist on a different server. It cannot exist here in an established community which clearly expects a persistent environment, whatever the negative consequences may be of that persistence.

I doubt very highly that many of us who enjoy this game would fail to also play on a round-based server, and some clearly would prefer it, but this one is going to be persistent or it is going to fail. Whether by community action or divine intervention, it's too well established a community to tolerate such an event.

SoTL's actions are not noble. These are nothing but jealous and foolhardy thugs who would do the same thing if they were in SGP's place only there wouldn't be an SGP to even try to stop them. There would have been nothing for them to try and contrast themselves against to attempt to make themselves look like the hero in this. The reality is that such actions as these spoil the game.

SGP may be a stable and seemingly permanent group, but not until SoTL came along was Revelation used toward Revelation Day. Say what you will about using Revelation to attack players' severs, but it was also clearly used against True Light servers in order to prevent new spawned copies of Revelation on servers which had the hardware capacity to contain it. SGP may not be everyone's hero and people may disagree with its tactics, but it does what needs to be done to keep the game going.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2008, 06:29:58 AM »

Ebolla..

SGP researched the Rev virus and made it possible for Anti-Rev people to buy decent Rev versions and start a DD.

SGP was aiming with that Rev virus at people who werent against Revelation but were against SGP or people who were "suspicious".

Why are the Rev servers protected? Does SGP want a reset?

As for the Repository servers: are they being used to get the alts higher software, without breaking the TOS?

The public wants answers. No arrogance or tough/leet talk. The message is of importance, not the way you formulate it.

Dont be a sophist  bodyguard

Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2008, 06:38:17 AM »

Another thing..

I really never could get why SGP has a problem with EoD. Ok: Eradiction of domination <-> SGP dominates the game.
But I thought that is what SGP wanted? Some tension..

The whole time SGP has used propaganda to blame EoD for everything. Do you even know who is in EoD?

I dont wanna put EoD in a bad spotlight but lol they arent even capable of doing this. Most of them are new players, others have quit or leaved.

If they are behind this then I'll give SGP my login information lol. And I mean EoD, not 1 person of EoD.

I also know that you guys dont wanna believe I have no more contact with EoD. So be it.
But do not make it look like Im a liar! I may have said lies before but this isnt one.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2008, 07:35:46 AM »

SoTL or is it Donn, Riolic, Moen, or one of their friends?   As to SGP's stance on Spyware and Sniffer Daemons, both programs are not used for information gathering.  Instead Spyware is used to STEAL HPD from other players and Sniffer Daemons are used to COST people HPD in the form of AP.  So don't try to say they are used for information gathering.

Donn.  I already admitted that researching Rev to 2.452 was a mistake and one that SGP was working on clearing up.  But SoTL bought both the 1.0 and 2.452.  They bought the 1.0 within hours of it being removed from the game.

SGP has not used propaganda against EoD.   Yes we know who several members are in EoD and we know of several that have ties to them.  But fact is EoD was created to try and compete with SGP with which they have failed to accomplish even with SGP giving out MANY trade secrets.

Many of the servers with Rev on it are brand new servers.  It only costs 20,000 HPD to buy the server and another 98,000 HPD to buy the software.  That is very easy to acquire by anyone within a few days.

Providing us your login information does not mean anything as to EoD's guilt or innocence which ever it may be.

SGP only ever hit those who deserved it with Revelations.  In fact I think I hit 1 Player with Revelations.  The rest of the uses on it were against NPC Servers.  I know HJ used Revelations against a certain individual multiple times but am not aware of it's use against any other players.

None of the Rev servers are protected.  And click HERE for proof of that.   Seriously Donn your arguments are getting weaker and weaker.

As for the Repository Servers.  Each group has their own Repository.  And as for the Free Repositories, well HJ closed his down and mine is the only one still active.  And if you like I can take a screen shot of my alt's files.  You will find that except for his research assignment all of his files are below 1.0.

Now you said to not make you look like a liar.  I tried not to but you really gave me no choice as your statements were almost all blatantly obviously false.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2008, 08:03:31 AM »

I repeat my question: does SGP want a reset?

I am in no way connected to SoTL. I hope you'll provide evidence before accusing me, or you'll be making the same mistake I did once.

Both Raistlin and Riolic were attacked. They have told that on the forum I believe.

The rest of the things I've said, you've answered to and Im very happy you did. I really am.  7
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2008, 08:07:28 AM »

I repeat my question: does SGP want a reset?

I am in no way connected to SoTL. I hope you'll provide evidence before accusing me, or you'll be making the same mistake I did once.

Both Raistlin and Riolic were attacked. They have told that on the forum I believe.

The rest of the things I've said, you've answered to and Im very happy you did. I really am.  7

No but we do want PvP.   Problem is the game is broken far as PvP goes and until we can get PvP going and show Sir Emi that it will never get fixed.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Geth

Geth - Universally Violent

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2008, 08:19:00 AM »

What do you mean with PvP?
I thought hacking a person and messing up his server is not tolerated...

Always Agressive
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2008, 08:20:33 AM »

What do you mean with PvP?
I thought hacking a person and messing up his server is not tolerated...

No that is part of the game.   Granted with the current abusable game mechanics you can't do much.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
sjums07
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2008, 09:06:50 AM »

Anyone else but me who wonders where Riolic is??  shifty
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16
Print
Jump to: