The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 25, 2024, 07:42:20 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: power research update  (Read 43959 times)
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2008, 09:09:40 AM »

Among game developers, MMORPG designers in particular are especially likely to nerf aspects of a game in order to maintain game balance.

Please do not use the word nerf as it actually means it will make the game more balanced which this update succesfully have prevented.

Although its yet to be determined if you can nerf malware or rev.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2008, 09:30:10 AM »

I wouldn't mind the buff to malware. Makes PvP a bit more exciting. Rev on the other hand... Well heck maybe I will like the new round if it ever comes.

Also, to nerf means to weaken. In no way does it ever imply that game balancing is always a part of nerfing. Maintaining game balance is a reason why someone would nerf something, but it is not always a quality of nerfing.

Please do not take parts of Wikipedia out of context which you is the bestest at.

Retired. Best Finish: #4 (Should've been #3)
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2008, 09:35:20 AM »

Yeah, in case this is implemented, malware and revelation overload needs to be toned down to the same level as the hardware.
Tiak

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2008, 10:02:25 AM »

I wouldn't mind the buff to malware. Makes PvP a bit more exciting. Rev on the other hand... Well heck maybe I will like the new round if it ever comes.
The thing about malware is, let's say I spend every single point of my daily AP on a farm, and then invest every single HPD I get from profits from that farm in a research server, and this continues for 100 days...  This isn't exactly an easy task mind you....

Okay, now let's say after these 100 days, I decide to take a break from HP for a two days...  A good revelation could undo the last 30 days of gains on that farm..  If I am unlucky enough to have bandwidth on that server, which becomes more necessary as file sizes researched grows, a good overload bomb could drop me down to where I was before those 100 days even started...  Being able to undo 100 days work that quickly, when that work is the only way for the game to progress, is a bit excessive.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 10:05:35 AM by Tiak » Logged
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2008, 12:18:27 PM »

Also, to nerf means to weaken. In no way does it ever imply that game balancing is always a part of nerfing. Maintaining game balance is a reason why someone would nerf something, but it is not always a quality of nerfing.

Please do not take parts of Wikipedia out of context which you is the bestest at.

Yes, it does actually mean to make a feature weaker to aquire balance. Ill post the whole wikipedia section:

Rationale

Among game developers, MMORPG designers in particular are especially likely to nerf aspects of a game in order to maintain game balance. Occasionally a new feature (such as an item, class, or skill) may be made too powerful, too cheap, or too easily obtained to the extent that it unbalances the game system. This is sometimes due to an unforeseen bug or method of using or acquiring the object that was not considered by the developers.[2][4] The frequency of nerfing and the scale of nerfing vary widely from game to game but almost all massively multiplayer games have engaged in nerfing at some point.[4]

Thats almost half the article.

Ps. Ive only quoted wikipedia twice before that post of yours.

@Tiak: It would suck to be that poor person. Actually I got an overload v1 on 1 of my servers named Warp Field . I found it with 3 FS' v.4 named LyraWare and a bought v.2 FS. A little wierd surprise.

Tiak

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2008, 12:37:13 PM »

Reading comprehension ftw!

Among game developers, MMORPG designers in particular are especially likely to nerf aspects of a game in order to maintain game balance.

If I were to say:
Among criminals, serial killers in particular are especially likely to murder people for personal pleasure.
Would that mean that murder is the act of seeking personal pleasure?...

Or would it just mean that it is a motivation present in some who murder, that may not actually be granted in all cases where that motivation is present?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 12:41:55 PM by Tiak » Logged
HJ®
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2008, 12:58:16 PM »

There's no sense making conversation with Arthur; Wikipedia is his bible and he is too ignorant and stubborn to think any other way.
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2008, 01:10:29 PM »

It might be no sense in conversating with me but I dont turn rude for every little thing that opposits my way. And you are also pretty ignorant and stubborn.
And how could wikipedia be my bible? Ive refered to 2 articles in wikipedia. That statement would only make sense if I refered to wikipedia in more then 5% (some might say 1%) of all my posts but instead its less then 0.2%

@Tiak: Ill learn to read better next time. Youre the one correct this time.

Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2008, 01:45:24 PM »

I believe it's more in the range of 0.0002% or so?  16
HJ®
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2008, 01:49:53 PM »

It might be no sense in conversating with me but I dont turn rude for every little thing that opposits my way. And you are also pretty ignorant and stubborn.
And how could wikipedia be my bible? Ive refered to 2 articles in wikipedia. That statement would only make sense if I refered to wikipedia in more then 5% (some might say 1%) of all my posts but instead its less then 0.2%

@Tiak: Ill learn to read better next time. Youre the one correct this time.

Aww, poor you.

Anyways, have you managed to hit 2.000.000 power yet? It's been what, 5 months now?
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2008, 01:58:13 PM »

Nah, Ive gotten the double:

Including 1.5 months of vacation and another 2 months of nonserious playing but thats my own fault.

Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2008, 02:08:41 PM »

I passed you arthur! :3
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2008, 02:16:19 PM »

36   Seb (#7797)   2   ONLINE   4.242.624
37   Arthur Dent (#232)    3   ONLINE   4.062.569

Yes you passed me and all I can say is congratulations.
I could have said d**n or f**k but it wouldnt be nice.

Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2008, 02:38:27 PM »

I was worried you'd quit on us, good luck getting back up the ranks  16
Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2008, 09:47:06 AM »

Good job Seb

So the research I was doing cost me 13.8 million HPD, took a whole week after they reseached Task Complete. I can still get my FWP up 14 v's a week. But no major research yet.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to: