The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 08:31:02 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: We need you Emi..  (Read 27692 times)
Exousia
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2009, 04:42:38 AM »

Myself and the proverbial "ten foot pole" I keep handy in order to *not* touch things with it have been hovering near this thread for a while.  5 I'm around, I've just not been feeling well for a while (about two weeks) and also have not been feeling terribly motivated. Additionally, this round has kinda kept me in a quagmire so I'm logging on less often, but I'm here.  7

As long as we keep it civil, I'm all in favor of helping keep Sir Emi motivated and open to player input. There have been many threads created simply to spam Sir Emi to death so it's hard to tell which ones are genuine and which are just flame/spam hybrid monsters begging to be tossed in the bin. The heated dialogues between certain old school rivals as well as those between the "new" and "old" guard often cloud these sentiments and break them down into flame.

If I were a moderator, I would go down the list and bin several threads. Sir Emi would never have even seen them out of the bin. The reason being that nagging, harassing, and begging behaviors are going to have nothing but the opposite effect on him. The point is that genuine positive change has to come as a natural progression and, speaking as a former programmer, things rarely work out the way we want them to and they certainly very rarely work out the way the end user wants them to. Negative commentary is the norm, but nagging and harassing will knock out a programmer's momentum more effectively than a kick to the groin.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2009, 04:52:15 AM »

Vote now for Exousia as our moderator!  laugh
Exousia
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2009, 05:55:02 AM »

Vote now for Exousia as our moderator!  laugh

Done it before. 12 Not here of course, but on other game forums and topical forums.

If elected I will abuse my power more efficiently than the other guy.  17
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2009, 06:04:59 AM »

Ive sent a message to Emi that a moderator is required.  We could easily thrash the whole forums without one.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2009, 06:29:28 AM »

Ive sent a message to Emi that a moderator is required.  We could easily thrash the whole forums without one.

Already suggested it too and he was thinking about taking one.
Exousia
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2009, 06:30:40 AM »

I suggested it a while ago, even offering my services, and got no response, so I assumed that he was not in the market or had someone else in mind.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2009, 06:36:01 AM »

[deleted]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 08:50:46 AM by siremi » Logged
HJ®
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2009, 07:16:25 AM »

I love how you think tacking on an AP cost to delete missions will stop the botting.

It does NOT stop the botting at all. All it does is slow down the bots to the level where they are only slightly faster than the rest of us. You ARE aware that just because someone is using a bot doesnt mean they dont check on their account every once in a while, right?

You do know it takes less than 3 days to completely regain AP, right?

So how is throwing an AP cost on delete files stopping the bots? It still lets them do everything we can do - only automated.

You're not fixing the problem, you're just shoving it under the rug. Therefore, this is a horrible update and should not have happened in the first place. There is a reason we rejected the AP cost on deletes when AP was first introduced.

I'm starting to think Emi has absolutely no idea how to stop the bots and is just trying to throw fixes at it that just don't work.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2009, 07:46:32 AM »

I didn't suggest the AP cost for delete missions.

In case you were talking to me instead of Emi.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:53:34 AM by Donn » Logged
Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2009, 10:40:20 AM »

Myself and the proverbial "ten foot pole" I keep handy in order to *not* touch things with it

pokey

Sorry, I've been dying to use that smiley. It's frickin' hilarious!

Oh crappy crapperson, -ton, dot org.
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2009, 11:32:35 AM »

I suggested it a while ago, even offering my services, and got no response, so I assumed that he was not in the market or had someone else in mind.

You should get a moderator to these forums. Preferably a global mod and not for just some of the forums. Im actually surprised no one (read: 'I' instead of 'no one'. Of course I didnt say this to Emi ) have been banned the last few days.

Hey Arthur. Yes, I should probably get a moderator soon, its just that I am concerned spirits are high at the moment, and I don't want to put the mod in a bad position, it has happened before. It's best to wait a bit more and see how it goes first.

I am working on some updates, then I will bring some more players in via a marketing campaign and then we'll see how it goes.

Thank you,

Sir Emi

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Exousia
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2009, 05:38:33 PM »

lol I'm just bored and in need of a project. Dowsing this fire seems like a fun challenge. I'm between sections of the corrections officer interview and training process, so I'm doing a lot of studying the penal code on my computer and not much else. So bored. So very very bored.  2
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to: