The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 27, 2024, 04:11:20 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Have you been infected with Virii?  (Read 24758 times)
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2008, 11:04:22 AM »

And Who the hell broke into my computer telling me I wasent allowed to use a virus i found on a public server...Its not my fault, I just found it there....

confused2

Oh god... *looks at his gateway downloading*

Pleasedon'tkillme.

Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2008, 11:16:16 AM »

Araeus, if they've got no logs at all, you're probably in the clear, but if they do, ganking new players isn't cool. I've definitely been delivering karmic retribution to anyone I find doing that, and I suggest other players do the same.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2008, 11:44:42 AM »

i only take viru's 0.12 and up........ it means they're at least somewhat built up, and can afford lending me some virii  5

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2008, 01:13:55 PM »

Araeus, if they've got no logs at all, you're probably in the clear, but if they do, ganking new players isn't cool. I've definitely been delivering karmic retribution to anyone I find doing that, and I suggest other players do the same.

Yeah, most of the ones I'm finding have no logs at all, sometimes they aren't even running firewall and password protects when I break in... so hopefully they are inactive...

sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2008, 01:50:35 PM »

in a way yes, in a way no.

EVERYONE'S ip can be bought and found.

point is, since its a pyrimid type of distribution, it is far easier to buy my ip than it is to buy a newbies because they will have 0.1-0.2 software (of which thousands of people have) and whilst people like me have 1+, and as such are far rarer.

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2008, 02:14:07 PM »

Heh, I'm only buying the .1 to .11 IP's too, so hopefully any noob worth their salt has already downloaded something at least .12 or .111 from the public servers.

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2008, 03:32:04 PM »

And Who the hell broke into my computer telling me I wasent allowed to use a virus i found on a public server...Its not my fault, I just found it there....

Whoever stopped my downloading of that 1.5 adware... I totally thought I was gonna get away with that too.  Had enough bw to pull it down a good couple of hours before the delete would finish.

Thanks for not messing with the rest of my stuff.

Note to self, must get a higher level log deleter.

PS, Nice with the copy/paste on the logs, but I know I had one IP Cloaker running so there's no way it got stopped three times  5

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2008, 05:39:18 PM »

Whoever stopped my downloading of that 1.5 adware... I totally thought I was gonna get away with that too.  Had enough bw to pull it down a good couple of hours before the delete would finish.

Thanks for not messing with the rest of my stuff.

Note to self, must get a higher level log deleter.

PS, Nice with the copy/paste on the logs, but I know I had one IP Cloaker running so there's no way it got stopped three times  5

IP Cloaker only helps if there is a Sniffer Daemon running

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2008, 05:42:49 PM »

I think he means that whoever broke in copied the log statement about the IP cloaker being stopped 3 times, but since he only had one instance running, it was obvious tampering.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2008, 02:13:17 PM »

few people run cloakers........... i know this, as i have had sniffers in places........

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nelander

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2008, 06:14:55 PM »

point is, since its a pyrimid type of distribution, it is far easier to buy my ip than it is to buy a newbies because they will have 0.1-0.2 software (of which thousands of people have) and whilst people like me have 1+, and as such are far rarer.

True, but since the last segment from the ip seller its 0.5 to inf you are not longer alone in that category there must be dozens of people in that category there now. specially with people being able to download up to 0.67 (for now) firewalls and password protection.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to: