The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 16, 2024, 08:10:56 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Print
Author Topic: Guide update - Revelation Day  (Read 78923 times)
Player

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2008, 11:55:13 AM »

If the activation time is same as other virus, which i think is 1 Gb/ 2000 sec, 0.1 version will take 11.11 hours. ( same for disinfects )
To last through the total installation time to doom = 6 x 9 + 24 = 78 hours. 78 /11.11 = 7.02 so need to research to version 0.706.

Resources needed to run at version 0.706 =

70600 cpu , 4236 000 kb memory, 2824 bw ,  141.2 Gb.   (x 10....)

I think, it takes 15 mil HPD at least to pull the revelation thing off, so we should be safe for now  laugh
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 12:01:32 PM by Player » Logged

Doomsday is Coming! Run for It!
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2008, 11:57:34 AM »

And those in the top who have so big servers are ready to go on a revelation hunt as soon as Dooms Day occures. Exept for Crl2. I dont know whats hes going to do. And now hes giving away his account to a random person.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
PlyPencil

156 colemansystems@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2008, 01:36:59 PM »

I dont like this idea although I know it IS NEEDED for HP. I just hope its easy for the virii to be disinfected

Humans make mistakes, that's why they put erasers on the end of pencils.
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2008, 01:41:34 PM »

I cant really understand why its needed. It would be better to make another server and have this to be the persistant test server if rounds HAVE to occure. Then everyone is aware of that this server could be unbalanced. I believe there is a text somewhere saying that HP isnt done yet.

PlyPencil

156 colemansystems@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2008, 03:05:00 PM »

Well the users control when a new round will begin....so this could be a pernament server

Humans make mistakes, that's why they put erasers on the end of pencils.
RavenXP

rgongora2002@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2008, 07:42:24 PM »

Who knows what tweaks sir emi might place on the virus in the future to make it more fatal.  laugh
Perhaps this world will be a testing ground.
andrew19911

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 28, 2008, 09:00:40 PM »

HELP!!

i ont know what the revelation is
or what faith is
etc

but apparently, according to TNW, im now against it?

anyone help me?

im confused, because as far as im aware, all i did was disifect a coupla their viruses..
but now im on the sh*t list for the revelation day?

i mean, what the hell?
can someone tell TNW to sort themselves out?
or am i missing something here?

please reply

or send me a message

thaank yoou!!
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2008, 11:45:52 PM »

Andrew, you been hacked wasnt anything to do with revelation day, you hacked one of our group's weaker members and deleted most of his files the other day, this was our retaliation, and you werent even hurt that bad.

On a side note though, it may have been assumed you were against Faith, as you were disinfecting virii that were put there solely to take up any BW on the truelight servers which may be used for the Revelation Virus, leaving the reply 'Game On!' to the message that was left there.

As for you not knowing about Faith & Revelation, read this thread from the beginning, also info has been added to the game guide. It is highly recommended you do this, because, as a player (gold or not) this major update affects you too.

Concerning the above mentioned 'Players vs Truelight', go here:
http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=748.0

And also, no, you are not on the sh*t list at all, there is no pressure for you to pick a side, though if you do i urge you to make the right decision....*cough*Faith*cough*.....

Peace out.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 12:05:15 AM by DamascuS » Logged

Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2008, 10:08:33 AM »

Did this guy really not know about the revelation?
were have you been?
Yeah...be careful around disinfect missions, things tend to get ugly apparently.
(not that I would know *hides under newbie protection*)
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2008, 12:54:29 PM »

And please take an evening and look through this thread and actually read the posts. Your replies almost screams out that you only listen to the most recent post and replies to that even though its not allways including constructive criticis.
And to make sure if you are reading all posts I would like you to quote me and reply to this specific post so we all can know if you are listening to us. If you dont qoute this I will assume that youre not listening to us.
Now lets hope that someone replies before Emi wakes up.

Thats what I sent but now Emi havent even replied in this thread but started another one instead. I feel a little betrayed by Emi right now.

zand lizzar

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2008, 01:47:52 PM »

I just want to say that by general consensus TNW will stand with SGP to prevent doomsday.  I think the reset while an interesting concept should not happen. And whoever gets a copy of the Faith AV first spam its location so we can all get it to help insure that things dont go boom.
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2008, 11:22:47 PM »

I myself am actively waiting/searching for the first faith spawn, as soon as it appears i will have a copy straight to the rest of you, aswell as a copy straight to my research server i just bought for the sole purpose of Faith research, i will then upload a new copy at every stage. If the rest of TNW agrees, i will join with SGP's methods and make the research server public knowledge so that it is freely available to anyone.

quynhanh

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2008, 03:14:17 AM »

Ouh, I try to read along the thread but still don't understand all the things. To make it clearer, I would like to know:
If now I decide to donate about 500 USD (just example) into the game with which I upgrade my hardware, buy and research softwares... Then the reset come, will I lost all 500 USD above inform of what is so called "resource"?

IMHO:
If after that, 500 USD become thin air then it is really disastruos!
If after that, everything in form of resource vanishes, but my 500 USD come back into the form of HPD, say about 1750*500=875,000 HPD, then it is somehow acceptable. But it is hard to think that hours of playing would go!

Can you make it clear, Siremi, please?

(sorry for my english :-p)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 03:26:28 AM by quynhanh » Logged
Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2008, 03:45:54 AM »

It's been made clear elsewhere.

After a reset the only thing which you will keep is your Gold FTP server upgrades, and the days left of gold account. All else is reset.

coffee1
quynhanh

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2008, 06:46:34 AM »

So great!
Can somebody tell me why I want to throw out my money if after several days it's lost forever!  \
laugh
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Print
Jump to: