The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 03:35:30 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: Sons of Technological Liberty  (Read 100234 times)
Geth

Geth - Universally Violent

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2008, 09:13:59 AM »

No that is part of the game.   Granted with the current abusable game mechanics you can't do much.

Ow, then I mistunderstood.

However trying to introduce PvP into this game is impossible.
Not because of the game mechanics and limitations, it is just that this game is not build for PvP. Only occasional hacking to stop a process or get some files.

To make this game PvP you will need to increase Anti-hacker missions, up the rewards. Down the delete/install times, remove the upload cap, kill the IP change godmode and other similar changes. Resulting in un-balancing the game, or simply undoing all the changes made.

Always Agressive
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2008, 09:19:55 AM »

No that is part of the game.   Granted with the current abusable game mechanics you can't do much.

Ow, then I mistunderstood.

However trying to introduce PvP into this game is impossible.
Not because of the game mechanics and limitations, it is just that this game is not build for PvP. Only occasional hacking to stop a process or get some files.

To make this game PvP you will need to increase Anti-hacker missions, up the rewards. Down the delete/install times, remove the upload cap, kill the IP change godmode and other similar changes. Resulting in un-balancing the game, or simply undoing all the changes made.

Sadly there didn't used to be an upload cap.  IP Change is a dead horse since most active players have already stated how abusable it is.  Right now once you stop running missions there is little joy to the game.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Geth

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2008, 09:32:36 AM »

Won't it be better to host a PvP yourself, beeing the strongest group in HP.

You could make a contest or something, have players enlist and participate for prizes or simply for fun.
People can register their server IP (a 2nd server, not your main), everyone would need the same server stats and server files.
Rules would be simple:
-No IP change.
-No research.
-No upgrading your server.
-No downloading additional files.
-Last surviving server wins.

People can hack each other, upload malwares and simply have fun, without fearing retribution against their servers, or person in general.

A referee server would be needed, to make sure you only use your PvP registered server and not your main to participate.

It would be a step in the right direction.

*Edit: Grammar

« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 09:34:43 AM by Geth » Logged

Always Agressive
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2008, 09:34:43 AM »

I'd be up for that. I would be willing to host em.
Geth, you just gave me an amazing thing to work on. I will have a mini beta tourny. Lemme gather enough money to get 5 servers to specs and we will duel it out.

Ebolla>   Ebolla: No problem. Replied
   <JGreenThumb>   Ebolla: You Ebolla:'ed :P
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2008, 10:01:28 AM »

This sounds like a very good idear Geth now we just need SirEmi to host them so it become real tournament he could say that the winner will get a HPD prise and maybe 1 of the best softwares it would make it much easyer for newbs to come close to the top 10
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2008, 10:14:47 AM »

Ebolla, I tried to download a decryptor for days, whats taking all the BW on that server?  laugh

Yes, I'd definitely play the tourney, but I need an extra server first  13
riolic

View Profile Email
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2008, 12:42:11 PM »

Anyone else but me who wonders where Riolic is??  shifty

I had work then came home and slept.... That's where I have been, but yes I was hit multiple times by the 1.0 revelation virus owned by Hatejacket.  My stance on this whole problem is this: when/if revelation occurs, it is all in SGP's lap, as Ebolla himself has said, it is their fault for researching it to the unstoppable point. 

But it must be  acknowledged that pvp is not possible between the large players at this point without use of revelation due to:

#1 AP system (i personally run with less then 1000 AP at all times and i assume the other top ranked players do as well)

#2 the extremely large process times for installs/deletes/hides/encrypts on all files.  I did a test on my backup server and my password and firewall protects alone would take more the 5 days to delete from a remote server and nearly 20 hours to hide or 36 to encrypt them.... Now who here as honestly say they have seen anyone in the top 10 be offline for more then 12 hours?

The only other viable method is small malwares (.5 or lower) as malwares take approx 30 min/per .1 to install anything larger then 1.0 is useless since there is a very high chance that the target will log on, stop your process on the malware, and simply IP change, putting them out of reach for an undetermined amount of time. But then you must realize even if one were to manage to get a .5 malware on an opponent, it will only do a spec's worth of damage compared to what their hardware is that it would take less then an hours worth of most peoples income to recover from 8+ hours of a malware.

#3 New IP buying system now makes it much easier to hide with the integration of an AP cost into an IP purchase

#4 yes i know my grammar blows, get over it.
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2008, 12:52:41 PM »

About the tourney:
I will start a new topic on SGP forums. It will be a closed beta but you will be able to apply for it. I will be hosting all the servers necessary. If SGP will be glad to supply some software as a prize because as far as I know I have the lowest out of all higher ranking players.

Geth

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2008, 01:11:10 PM »

You CANNOT host all servers, if you think you can then you misunderstood my idea.

If you want to make PvP, then each participating player needs to buy a new server, and increase the server specs to a level agreed upon.
Which should not be to high nor low.

The idea is that players use their new servers to oblidarate those of others.
Now this all might seem boring, as you can simply cancel a upload, download or install. Thats why you need tactics.

The files you are allowed to have are limited, also 1 or 2 versions of a file. The files will make tactics.
The Idea is this:
You can run a high log deleter, making no-one find you. But it will be at the expense of your defenses, or you can chose to run a lower log deleter and defenses simultanius. But people can track you easily.
So basically the limit of server specs, and variety of files will force you to chose your running programs carefully.

Might seem simple, the calculations to balance it are numerous.

GreenThumb, you cant just start a tourney, rules need to be thought up. Also a goal, perhaps something like CTF, but instead of a flag deleting a large file from a server to score points.

Anyway the idea needs more refining, then you can start a round. It will never be perfect, but after each round it will become more balanced.

Always Agressive
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2008, 01:22:42 PM »

We need a way to make uploads/downloads unstoppable by remotehost, and allow us to control their bw usage to a point.

how about this:
'system lock' program *or something (v.1 will take up a few gbs?)
using a good deal of CPU, BW, and MEM, (or something, perhaps proportional to the file.) a system lock will make an upload like a delete, it can only be cancelled on localhost. It will also make the minimum the 'victim' can let the file take up is 33% of his BW, instead of .1, if this 33% is above the max of the uploader, it will simply use the uploaders max. (like always.)
the system guard *or something
uses a set amount of CPU and MEM, it's basicly the firewall against the system lock. (usual .2) (v.1 will take one or two?)

once the system lock starts, a system guard can't stop it.

so x wants to download a virii on x1.
x has 10bw.
x1 has 10bw.
x starts the upload, then system locks it.
x1 tries to delete the upload, failing that, he tries to pause it, instead of .1, it uses 3.3.
x finishes the download some time later, and installs his virii.
x couldn't put up his good passprot because of the usage from the system lock though, and x2 cracks him.
x gets system locked with a virii.
x2 then viriibreaks x's installed virii on x1.
x2 winz!!!
(x2 also had a system guard, v.3, so x3 couldn't system lock [v.1] an adware on him either.)
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2008, 02:34:55 PM »

Wow, you guys are giving my brain a workout. Lemme talk to Emi, lemme talk to Ebolla, Gent if you want give me a shout through PM we can continue through email.

Exousia
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2008, 03:31:29 PM »

Sweet. This is productive conversation. Let's improve the game, not blow it up.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2008, 04:10:39 PM »

eh? what?
*is pulling the pin on a grenade attached to some nitro*
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2008, 04:18:17 PM »

Conversation is to be continued here:
http://hacker-project.chaoticfury.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=278