The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 26, 2024, 01:55:12 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Isn't this round awesome  (Read 57970 times)
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2008, 04:59:30 PM »

HJ: actually Sir Emi did smth. He rendered Vashied bot useless on completing the missions. At least for some time, don't know if vashied managed to fix the code. That's why Vashied had to do all the completitions by hand and if smbd cracked him - nice work!
I will say this: nice work Sir Emi for this little patch 1

lpJ.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2008, 05:07:49 PM »

To whoever is downloading those crappy files from vashied:

I HATE YOU AND HOPE YOU DIE.  NOW SHOVE OFF SO I CAN STEAL HIS FIREWALL.

That is all.   ph34r

Got the Firewall Protect  13

Thanks Vashied.
Thek3mp
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2008, 05:11:24 PM »

HJ: actually Sir Emi did smth. He rendered Vashied bot useless on completing the missions. At least for some time, don't know if vashied managed to fix the code. That's why Vashied had to do all the completitions by hand and if smbd cracked him - nice work!
I will say this: nice work Sir Emi for this little patch 1

lpJ.

can Emi confirm this?
i wanna make sure before i start kissing his feet,
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2008, 05:16:48 PM »

I want his bot dead, not crippled, still.
I applaud you, Emi.
thumbsup
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2008, 05:28:53 PM »

To whoever is downloading those crappy files from vashied:

I HATE YOU AND HOPE YOU DIE.  NOW SHOVE OFF SO I CAN STEAL HIS FIREWALL.

That is all.   ph34r
if you want his full bandwidth to yourself, crack him and stop his processes.
pretty obvious, not to mention the fact i enjoy doing it to people who delete high lvl softs on secrets

They started a download on his crappy stuff and then IP changed.

At least have the decency to steal the highest version software IN THE ENTIRE GAME

HJ®
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2008, 05:31:48 PM »

Sure, but how good does it feel to have software that was researched illegitimately?

Here we go again :P
benjamin

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2008, 05:34:50 PM »

what do you mean hatejacket?
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2008, 05:35:37 PM »

Can someone bust his server again? He's going to delete a v.8 undeleter in 2hrs!
HJ®
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2008, 05:54:00 PM »

what do you mean hatejacket?

- Bot gains HPD illegitimately to pay for Firewall Research and hardware to research
- Bot is rendered useless, software remains on the server the bot was tied to
- Server gets hacked, everyone gets software that was researched illegitimately, and thus the game has doubled it's progression time, and anyone who cracks the server has software that is only there because someone cheated.
- Those who do not use the forums (70% of the registered accounts on Hacker Project) are unaware of this bot and the same 30% who dominated the last round continue to do the same this round.
- The round becomes stagnant and boring.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 05:56:42 PM by Hatejacket » Logged
benjamin

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2008, 05:55:50 PM »

well it isn\'t fair, but it isn\'t fair for emi to delete it, either. if anybody who has ever dl/d stuff from a cheater is in trouble, thats bogus.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2008, 05:59:12 PM »

guys, .8 undeleter is at risk here!  13
Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2008, 06:00:33 PM »

Is that really the players fault though? Technically because the bot was taking all the high-profit missions, it was stopping the spread of resources at the normal rate. Having the software spread does progress the game along a little faster, but not as much as people would think, since the HPD it gained was gotten at the expense of the other players who would have had a legitimate shot at the missions the bot was taking.

If Emi was going to delete something, he should have done it then. It's too late to do it now unless he plans on manually deleting each copy of software that was illegitimately researched. Heck, he should have done that with the v1.1 protects, but he didn't do that either, so I doubt he will here.

Retired. Best Finish: #4 (Should've been #3)
HJ®
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2008, 06:00:52 PM »

Sure it would be fair. How is it not fair? We all have to be here to get our work done, vashied starts up his bot and heads off to public school.

Those of us who have lives can not rank while we are not online, but he is ranking AND researching software with the use of a BOT. Not only is he breaking the rules, he doesn't even have to be there to do it.

Now others are coming in and getting the cheated software without doing any work. The rest of us who don't hack the server (By morals or not knowing the IP - I do, and if you want proof check the bounce logs in thek3mp's server) are left to believe that we have the same chance to be in the top 10 as everyone else, but we don't, because those who don't care about stealing software are doing so, and in turn call themselves the "Elite" of the game, although in reality, they are exploiting the bot itself.

The software is already leaked, there is a fire sale going on on the bot's server. I bet you didn't know that though, because you just signed up on the forums. See what I mean?
HJ®
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2008, 06:02:21 PM »

Is that really the players fault though? Technically because the bot was taking all the high-profit missions, it was stopping the spread of resources at the normal rate. Having the software spread does progress the game along a little faster, but not as much as people would think, since the HPD it gained was gotten at the expense of the other players who would have had a legitimate shot at the missions the bot was taking.

If Emi was going to delete something, he should have done it then. It's too late to do it now unless he plans on manually deleting each copy of software that was illegitimately researched. Heck, he should have done that with the v1.1 protects, but he didn't do that either, so I doubt he will here.

Ah so, when I spent the few hours in the crucial times in the beginning of the game downloading the 1.1 protects AT THE SIZE of 1.1 protects, and I get 0.25 protects, that's okay?
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2008, 06:04:25 PM »

Remember when Misfit said he'd replicate his bot and give it to 'some random person'?
I think we've found this bot.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Print
Jump to: