The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 24, 2024, 08:21:13 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Print
Author Topic: Isn't this round awesome  (Read 57961 times)
HJ®
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2008, 05:35:38 PM »

well Araeus you don't have to be so sure about that ^^ i see that lots of us already are getting farms so we can still beat him with a bit of luck ^^

Sure you can, and he's had a second server for far longer than all of you, with the income to add way more fileshares than all of us can.  Soon it won't even matter that emi shuts down the bot, he will still have a much better income than everyone else because of this head start.

Which is why he should have been banned long ago, and if he is not banned for the use of bots, I will start using them myself.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2008, 07:09:27 PM »

Do we have any evidence he's botting?
I've actually tried to put two and two together, but he doesn't seem to have a botters perfection.
HJ®
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2008, 07:12:38 PM »

Well let me give you a lesson

2 and 2 together equals 4, not 7.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2008, 07:14:14 PM »

Well let me give you a lesson

2 and 2 together equals 4, not 7.
awh, I already knew that.  2
HJ®
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2008, 07:23:39 PM »

Then get back to the drawing board and do some more calculations.
Xirad

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2008, 08:30:30 PM »

So... anyone else rushing for those nice tasty v 6.37xx FW protects?  laugh

EDIT: Is he just being very generous.... or is he worried that they will be deleted and so wants to make sure he has a buy-backup by passing it out to the multitudes? I would like to lean towards generous, lol. just because I don't think anyone could crack him at the moment to delete it... but d**n... there goes the power rankings for a bit

EDIT of an EDIT: Whoa! and how long has jager been in 1st? did this just happen or have i been a little blind and oblivious?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 08:41:23 PM by Xirad » Logged

Hmm....
HJ®
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2008, 09:12:08 PM »

Long story short:

Vashied's getting bored. Or to quote him, "Just having a bit of fun before I cut down the time I play."

He uploaded his FWP to Jager's server along with many public servers:

Regardless of his intentions, he has just allowed the work of his bot to spread throughout HP like a nasty virus.

In other words, Emi didn't act fast enough. This round is as good as ruined.
Xirad

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2008, 09:21:00 PM »

You know what that means you have to do right? lol, you're gonna have to do what took everyone about 2 months to pull off last time.  laugh

At least.. if you think it is so horribly ruined that is... and you could always make it your rounds work to track down the file and delete them all along with the files that were downloaded by people. that should.. at least give you another MO for this round

Hmm....
HJ®
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2008, 09:24:12 PM »

It wont change the fact that the round is progressing at a rate that is probably 500x faster than it should be.

I have a v6 firewall. This far into the first round, IIRC there wasn't even v1 software available.

It's a f**king joke and TITA EMILIAN doesn't give two nutss.
Xirad

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2008, 09:45:56 PM »

Ah... how quickly we return to hate.  16

He was doing a good job there for awhile, lets at least give him that. But then somewhere along the lines RL stepped in.. or something happened and he couldn't do quite as much maybe. It could be he's still trying to work on the coding to stop the bots, idk. i'm not a programmer and have no idea how long it would take to stop one, without using the often hated methods like CAPTCHA.

But yea.. this round is progressing at a ridiculous rate. So that's one thing he will hopefully learn from and change in either a later update... somehow... or after the round is reset... again....

Also at the risk of showing my ignorance... whats IIRC?  21

Hmm....
Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2008, 10:38:24 PM »

IIRC - If I remember correctly.

Emi has a habit of overcompensating for anything he sees as unbalanced.

Players camping the servers of other players? AP update.

Players buying other player's IPs at a high rate? Nerf to the IP store.

Funny enough, he hasn't done anything about IP Change God Mode, which has been around just as long as these problems.

Retired. Best Finish: #4 (Should've been #3)
HJ®
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2008, 10:41:29 PM »

Let's add to that list!

Players actually using PvP - limit tasks on remote gateway

People start making money - limit the number of virii you can collect

People enjoy the game - countless f**kING RETARDED updates that ruin the game.

People want to talk to Emi about it - he ignores us.

There's some overcompensation.

jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2008, 02:56:14 AM »

EDIT of an EDIT: Whoa! and how long has jager been in 1st? did this just happen or have i been a little blind and oblivious?

The moment Vashied generously cracked me, uploaded his firewall protect and started it. Was thinking of deleting that file but right now plenty of other people is running it as it was also uploaded to public servers. Until Vashied gave me his firewall i was only cracked by him, now i believe it is almost impossible (I have good hardware and software and was unable to overload bypass to reach that version).

I don't know, afaik he don't have that much more for playing and that is the reason he gave us this 'gift'. We can either accept it or not, we can not say he didn't try to be good 1

lpJ.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2008, 03:21:24 AM »

He's still a douche, you know what this means right?  Now, vashied is the only one able to crack anyone at all.  We all sit comfortably behind our stupid firewalls and vashied gets to pretty much walk into whatever server he wants still.

Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2008, 05:39:04 PM »

He's still a douche, you know what this means right?  Now, vashied is the only one able to crack anyone at all.  We all sit comfortably behind our stupid firewalls and vashied gets to pretty much walk into whatever server he wants still.
aw, my server acts as a bed, table, and cupboard.
He'll put bootprints onto my food, screw up my bed, and break my good china.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Print
Jump to: